Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
holy s***, Remco finished 27 minutes down.

Feel bad for him, as it's the second time an illness punched his ticket, all within four months...
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assumed he DNF'd. Poor dude.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
However anyone thinks of him, that's a toughman ride by Remco. I hope he withdraws, recuperates, and comes back strong.

-------------------------------------------------------------

And what a brilliant effort by De Lie, sprinting on the hoods, no less. 20+ back with 450 m to go, only to wind it up like a diesel and rush past everyone else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
De Lie! I said I'd pick him for every race I would have picked Sagan before and I overlooked him.
shame on me.
There was a benelux stage where he made up that much ground at the finish - what a kick.

Really jealous that Maryland didnt get more of these guys. what a great field.

Agreed that Kuss has some wiggle room and can probably get Primoz and/or Jonas as domestiques now that there is a bit more buffer.
Tomorrow will be a rough test of back to back big mountain days.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I feel bad for Remco. I'm not a Remco hater, but I'm not necessarily a fan either - basically the list of riders I'll root for ahead of him is pretty long. But he's such a big talent, it sucks to see him have such rotten luck. Giro 2021, Lombardia that same year, Giro this year, and now whatever's going on at this Vuelta. As the first great Belgian GC hope in a long time, he's got to feel so much pressure, and it must seem to him like sometimes the cycling gods are against him.

Arnaud De Lie. Not a surprise in terms of result, but holy hell what display of power. That was a full on sprint for like 30s - he ripped that and just kept going.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
Yeah I feel bad for Remco. I'm not a Remco hater, but I'm not necessarily a fan either - basically the list of riders I'll root for ahead of him is pretty long. But he's such a big talent, it sucks to see him have such rotten luck. Giro 2021, Lombardia that same year, Giro this year, and now whatever's going on at this Vuelta. As the first great Belgian GC hope in a long time, he's got to feel so much pressure, and it must seem to him like sometimes the cycling gods are against him.

Echo many of your thoughts. Add to that probably the worst team to be on with that pressure.

I continue to think time and technology is passing these guys by. So Remco being supreme
talent on a dinosaur team has to add a weight penalty. Now factor in your Dad and Pat bickering, while you are trying to be good employee and teammate to whoever shows up to work with you (which btw, they were doing a solid job)!

Bummer to see him just come unglued. Hope he is physically ok, cause while he has a tendency to be a bit brash, nothing in his form suggested this.

Today opens up an interesting final week. Not that Mas and Ayuso formally work together. But they may be each other’s only hope to hang tough. Not like Almeida or Soler can really scare anyone now.
Aside from Sepp and his bodyguards, Wilco, DvB, and Valter can just old school Ineos train it home.

Hoping Sepp has enough to close it out after a heroic 8 weeks of GT leading in.
Last edited by: WannaB: Sep 8, 23 14:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
one recap suggested that it was reported that he was healthy, just lacked the legs. Sucks that he is basically out of the picture.

i have no skin in the game aside from thinking it would be cool for s.k. to win.

that being said… r.e. seemed pretty confident in interviews… wonder what he says now.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJV 1 2 3, looking at GC,same as me. Roll described as "an embarrassment of riches".
kinda pissed coverage missed Roglic's move at the end, would've liked to have seen that too, not that it mattered, probably nothing much. minor complaint on an exciting day of racing.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fredericknorton wrote:
De Lie! I said I'd pick him for every race I would have picked Sagan before and I overlooked him.
shame on me.
There was a benelux stage where he made up that much ground at the finish - what a kick.

Really jealous that Maryland didnt get more of these guys. what a great field.

Agreed that Kuss has some wiggle room and can probably get Primoz and/or Jonas as domestiques now that there is a bit more buffer.
Tomorrow will be a rough test of back to back big mountain days.

That sprint was outrageous.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [Twilkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twilkas wrote:
TJV 1 2 3, looking at GC,same as me. Roll described as "an embarrassment of riches".
kinda pissed coverage missed Roglic's move at the end, would've liked to have seen that too, not that it mattered, probably nothing much. minor complaint on an exciting day of racing.

The Vuelta is the TJV Club Championship! Who will win?
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
Twilkas wrote:

Assuming Kuss has the legs, it’ll be pretty disappointing if the team doesn’t support him to win.
Quote Reply
Re: Maryland Cycling Classic.. [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
GPQ tomorrow... of the two Quebecois races GPQ is more punchy/sprinty, so I'm looking at De Lie, Strong, Matthews, Laporte, Cort, maybe Aranburru. ...

It did not go unnoticed that you picked the Quebec podium, and 5 out of the top 6.

That was an insane sprint by De Lie. I think that kid might have a future?
Quote Reply
Re: Maryland Cycling Classic.. [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreed - great picks! when i saw someone pick De Lie before me I pretty much surrendered but getting corbin too - well done!
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [jmsenger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmsenger wrote:
Assuming Kuss has the legs, it’ll be pretty disappointing if the team doesn’t support him to win.

I think they are all in, until he says otherwise.

Props to Remco, just came out and owned bad day and went on the attack cause today’s a bike race.
Quote Reply
Re: Maryland Cycling Classic.. [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
ClayDavis wrote:
GPQ tomorrow... of the two Quebecois races GPQ is more punchy/sprinty, so I'm looking at De Lie, Strong, Matthews, Laporte, Cort, maybe Aranburru. ...

It did not go unnoticed that you picked the Quebec podium, and 5 out of the top 6.

That was an insane sprint by De Lie. I think that kid might have a future?

Yes, the picks panned out, GPQ to is a fairly predictable affair typically. I note Skjelmose, Alaphilippe, Mohoric and Hirschi lurking ominously in the top 10. I expect them to be up higher in the results tomorrow, as well as some other dudes who were looking frisky in Quebec like McNulty and Healy. There's a lot of strong climbers and Ardennes types on the startlist, so Montreal is a lot tougher to call.

And yeah, De Lie is going to win a lot of bike races. He, Lotto, and all of Wallonia probably can't wait for Opening Weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would still love to see Bardet steal this one.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [jmsenger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmsenger wrote:
likes_bikes wrote:
Twilkas wrote:

Kuss is one the most well liked and respected riders in the peloton. It will be an immensely popular win if TJV lets him stay in red.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kudos to Remco for responding in the best possible way. Kid has plenty of fight.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good ride by Remco. I'm not sure we need so much super close-up camera work of Remco crying. We get it, give the dude some space!
Last edited by: trail: Sep 9, 23 8:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Kudos to Remco for responding in the best possible way. Kid has plenty of fight.

Yup.

RB is a class guy.

Been offline up in the mountains. Good to see Senor Durango still in red.

Beartooth Pass is a must do climb in NA. Wyo Mt border. 15 plus miles of Alpine splendor from the Montana side.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heh, had the same thought on the camera.

While it was great effort from remco, the GC contenders let him have it, which is sort of a backhanded compliment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sepptember rolls on.

Nice area up there. We’re heading that way this week for some camping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Sepptember rolls on.

Nice area up there. We’re heading that way this week for some camping.

Lily Lake has some nice dispersed sites about 10 miles east of Cooke City. Drove the van up there, pretty easy, very quiet, spectacular.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't miss the last 25km of the Tour of Britain today. Fascinating racing with lots of twists and turns.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:
jmsenger wrote:
likes_bikes wrote:
Twilkas wrote:

Kuss is one the most well liked and respected riders in the peloton. It will be an immensely popular win if TJV lets him stay in red.

I think that as long as Sepp has the legs the team will ride for him, if you watch today right after they crossed the line today and were drinking the recovery drinks, Primoz gave Sepp a huge high five with a big smile, he seems genuinely happy for Sepp

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply

Prev Next