Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

***Carbon Clincher and Aero Bar Question***
Quote | Reply
Looking at possibly purchasing the following two items. What is yall's opinion on these items? Are they worth it?

Carbon Clincher Rims
http://www.ebay.com/...;hash=item4abff016b9

Carbon Aero Bars
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221158250352
Quote Reply
Re: ***Carbon Clincher and Aero Bar Question*** [JRAMEY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice first post...

..but I shall give you the benefit of the doubt and answer your question.
No.

For the wheelset, for that money you could pick up 2nd hands from the ST Classified.
You're better off using a used but branded wheel instead of an OEM.
If it's for training purposes, don't bother with carbon and just train on an alu clincher.
If you're using them to race, spend the money on a front tri-spoke from Classified and a wheelbuilder disc cover for the rear.
Such OEM wheels are sometimes not much more aero (or not even at all) then some low profile aluminum clinchers from known-brands, neither are they necessary lighter (and cheaper) than their aluminum counter parts.

As for the basebar,
If you can justify spending that cash and if it allows you to get into your desired fit, then why not.
But consider it doesn't look adjustable at all in terms of the stack/reach, so personally I wouldn't, along with a whole list of other reasons.

If you're here to promote that company or somewhat linked to the seller, then screw you for wasting my time.

--------------
"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Better deals on both Aliexpress and Velobuild.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Carbon Clincher and Aero Bar Question*** [txtriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appreciate yall's input and no I'm in no way affiliated with the seller of the items mentioned above. Just saw them listed on Ebay and wanted some opinions on the items. Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pass on both, you can get much better deals on st and even eBay I you just look longer. I got a zipp vuka bull base bar and ritchey carbon extensions for $140 brand new. Much nicer thAn the cheap Chinese stuff. You can so find a good set of used branded wheels on here for a bout the same price. Or even better, do what the the guy above said and get a good front tha you want and spend the $90 for a wheel builder cover for your stock rim. A buddy of mine road that combo to 6th place at hyvee ager's this year on a alum road frame so it obviously works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a set of the off-brand Chinese carbon bars and holy-crap they suck. I paid roughly twice as much for a Zipp carbon bar and it was worth every penny! They are stiff, light and comfortable.

These off-brand products can be pretty good from time-to-time, but there is also a lot of junk. I don't buy these unless I get a chance to check them out first.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Carbon Clincher and Aero Bar Question*** [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've seen that stuff at interbike, stalls and stalls of it. I is really inexpensive. It can be really cheap. To me it just looks scary. Take a chance on serious injury? Your call.
Quote Reply