Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
'm in love with Felt '09
Quote | Reply
So, is my next bike which I don't need going to be the ar2, the tk3, the breed, or the F1x. The color schemes rock this year compared to last year. The ar2 might be the prettiest bike made this side of the atlantic (yes I know most frames are made in the same place I was referring to company HQ).

Damn. Makes me wish I didn't buy two new bikes this last year. If the tk3 or breed are under a grand they are mine!
Quote Reply
Re: 'm in love with Felt '09 [rickn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt came a long way from '07 to '08, and even farther from '08 to '09. There are nine triathlon bikes in their line, arguably more if consider the options available with the AR.

Any way you shake it, Felt puts pressure on all the other brands to a greater degree iin 2009 than any previous year.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Last edited by: Tom Demerly: Sep 1, 08 21:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anywhere where we can see them all?
Quote Reply
Re: 'm in love with Felt '09 [tkat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 'm in love with Felt '09 [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa, whoa whoa whoa whoa.

It says the Felt AR1 is spec'ed with Dura-Ace 7970. They are spec'ing it with ELECTRONIC D/A out of the box. Wow that is some devotion Shimano, FELT is a great company but I don't know about this move.

As much product testing as Shimano has done there are always glitches the first go around when you move to mass production over the first hand built products. Example the new Rock Shox SID worked great in the final testing phases that were built by hand in the last pre-production phase. Then at mass production they have had some issues with the lockout mechanism breaking and that is a simple fix just a 10min changing of the damper. A problem with your shifting and you may find yourself in your 53/11 on a 10% grade.

SuperDave care to elaborate?
Branden

"Here's to the finely tuned athlete on the verge of greatness"-Romeo, Tin Cup
Quote Reply
Re: 'm in love with Felt '09 [trirakita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like they got rid of my bike the s22 and turned it into the b16. all carbon, did you see the new felt cockpit set up? I wish mine had that.

Dave, will that set up be available to upgrade to at felt dealers? the new aero basebars?

------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
Quote Reply
Re: 'm in love with Felt '09 [trirakita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe Felt has a deal in place with Shimano to be the first company out with 7970 on a bike. Never forget the American headquarters for Shimano, and Felt's home office are a stone's throw away from one another here in Irvine. They work very closely together. I've now seen 7970 up close, and played with it. I was surprised at how well thought out it is, and also how much testing has been done. They really don't want another Mektronic on their hands, and have been slow to bring it to market. They'll always be issues, but it's been around longer than most people realize, and tested beyond what you might know. The price tag on this bike is very, very high - I doubt many will be made. You should also note that Felt has pre-wired the AR for Electronic so you simply plug in the wires behind the stem, and then near each derailleur. Other manufacturers are doing this too.

As for other Q's, I'm not sure how much to give away, but Felt will have a line of high-end aftermarket goodies that look very good, including the aerobar we've seen, which is super slick, but pricey (no msrp has been settled on, so I don't know the exact figures).

The bikes look amazing in person, including the AR2, which is my favorite, as well. I have the wind tunnel numbers, which I'm not sure I can give away, but I think I'm safe to say that the AR more than doubles the Soloist in drag savings over a traditional round-tubed bike. It won't come with the Bayonette fork, but you can put one on if you choose. I'll check to see if I can release pricing tomorrow.

Ah heck, I'll post one price: the B16 has an msrp of $2249! Very cool - we'll sell a lot of those, for sure.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Last edited by: JM3: Sep 1, 08 22:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So, is my next bike which I don't need going to be the ar2, the tk3, the breed, or the F1x. The color schemes rock this year compared to last year. The ar2 might be the prettiest bike made this side of the atlantic (yes I know most frames are made in the same place I was referring to company HQ).

Damn. Makes me wish I didn't buy two new bikes this last year. If the tk3 or breed are under a grand they are mine!

The TK3 is just under $1K.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: 'm in love with Felt '09 [JM3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JIM!!

I just got my S22 2 months ago for 2050!!

You are saying if I waited, I could have had a full carbon b16 with the new felt aerobars for $200 more?!

AHHHHH.... :( not fun.

edit: Actually, I like the new b12 better. haha. 40mm rims, ultegra sl...just like my s22 :o)

http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
Last edited by: Local Star: Sep 2, 08 0:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new colors are amazing throughout the lineup of virtually all the bikes. This is a huge change of direction for Felt, compared to color schemes of years past. The AR series look phenomenal, not just colors but design. If I needed a new road bike, this would be #1 on my list. I noticed Gerard from Cervelo has already posted once about this bike in another thread. I can almost feel Cervelo getting a little nervous over losing the title of most aero road bike. However I think they are almost ready to throw down their ace in the hole, the P4C. All in all this looks to be a huge step up for Felt. I love my 2008 B2, but am already envious of the new paint for the 09's.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if you'll be able to get a frame only?
Quite fancy a B2 or AR to replace the P3, and I don't really want/can't afford to buy a full rig and then strip bits off it.

Loving the red B2 Pro though, it'll be so nice with my club kit.

"Here's how you run a marathon. Step 1: You start running. Step 2: There is no step 2." - Barney (How I Met Your Mother)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know the prince range for the new AR bikes already? And for the framesets only?

Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: 'm in love with Felt '09 [anton718] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anton from Bussigny ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Road/fit woman/fitness/Tri-TT/track/cyclocross/urban/mountain/suspension/cafe/crusier/bmx...

they have 116 bikes (not including frames) in their lineup
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amen. Although I've loved the value of Felt's for a long time, these new colors are pretty sweet. Happy to see that all the road bikes are not all black!

I'm waiting for pricing too...

===============================

member of the Litespeed Mafia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Nope...my prediction is you'll end up with a....Curbside ;-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt has pre-wired the AR for Electronic so you simply plug in the wires behind the stem, and then near each derailleur

That is AWESOME!
Quote Reply
Re: 'm in love with Felt '09 [bpq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there more information available about the new felt bayonet aerobar?
Quote Reply
Re: 'm in love with Felt '09 [derobj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess the ugly duck turned into a swan finally. What the &^%$ were they thinking with 08 colors??? Is the new stem system be adaptable with older Felt DAs?
Quote Reply
Re: 'm in love with Felt '09 [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave commented on the stem issue here: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rch_string=;#1960367

------------------------------
Another IM in 2016 - hopefully..
Quote Reply
Re: 'm in love with Felt '09 [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
now this:

is a good looking bike!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 'm in love with Felt '09 [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not from Bussigny sorry. Where is Bussigny anyway? ;-)

cheers

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone care to share MSRP on the B12 and the Breed??

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lemond is cycling's version of Rev Jessie Jackson." -johnnyperu 5/18/07
"Just because I suck doesn't mean my bike has to" -rickn 9/2/08
Quote Reply
Re: 'm in love with Felt '09 [bpq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
now this:

is a good looking bike!!!
SRAM RED would e a good match.
Quote Reply
Re: 'm in love with Felt '09 [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A curbside... naw I'd go with the dispatch first.

So I was talking about bikes with my wife today, and she wanted to know why I need another bike. I explained that having a dedicated road bike, TT/tri bike, mountain bike and beater bike leaves me short of a fixie, a cyclocross bike, and town bike(which could well be the fixie.)

But after seeing the AR I think I could turn my felt f3 into a lightweight plush cruiser and turn the AR into a lean mean crit-road race machine.

As I told a friend over a beer the other night, just because I suck doesn't mean my bike has to.
Quote Reply

Prev Next