Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 'Pimp My Ride': An original 1992 Zipp 2001 series 1 (photo) [UK Gear Muncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice bike!! Although I'm not a huge fan of those beams.

As most of you know I ride Zipps and have for years. Its been my dream bike since they first came out in 1992. I've had 4 of them and currently have 2. One I ride everyday for training and one just for racing. Setup exactly the same save for wheels. I race on Zipp disc/HED JET90 front and train everyday on a set of HED3's.

I've tried lots of bikes and nothing compares to the ride and speed of a Zipp. I've been on Cannondales, Kestrels, Trek, Tiemeyer custom, Titanflex, Softride, and a few I've probably forgotten about.

Paul
Last edited by: zipp: Jan 28, 08 7:44
Quote Reply
Re: 'Pimp My Ride': An original 1992 Zipp 2001 series 1 (photo) [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the rawness of the original 2001 design but I have to say I'm itching to liberate someone's 3001 sooner or later !!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 'Pimp My Ride': An original 1992 Zipp 2001 series 1 (photo) [UK Gear Muncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure thats a large frame? I'll admitt that I'm not very familiar with the Alsop model, but that headtube looks quite short compared to my large frames.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: 'Pimp My Ride': An original 1992 Zipp 2001 series 1 (photo) [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's about 140mm long.
Quote Reply
Re: 'Pimp My Ride': An original 1992 Zipp 2001 series 1 (photo) [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So whats happened with this project? Any updates?

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: 'Pimp My Ride': An original 1992 Zipp 2001 series 1 (photo) [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. The frame has been sanded back ready for it's black paint job, i have new gold graphics which were cut last week and I have begun to source components for the build (a few gold parts will be added). I need to modify a track disc to handle this spacing as this is being built as a fixed wheel machine. Next month i will source a carbon chainring and some gold nokon brake lines.
Quote Reply
Re: 'Pimp My Ride': An original 1992 Zipp 2001 series 1 (photo) [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You so need a gold chain and a "grill"....

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: 'Pimp My Ride': An original 1992 Zipp 2001 series 1 (photo) [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chip, you have the measure of Bryce. You can take the boy out of Essex but you can't take.....

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 'Pimp My Ride': An original 1992 Zipp 2001 series 1 (photo) [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have a 2001 with clear coat over black carbon weave, purchased in 1994. Small frame, large beam, 650C. Zipp 404 front and Zipp disc rear. Set up for TT w/ Syntace bars. Dura-Ace derailleurs and bar end shifters. SRP titanium cassette, 11/21 8-speed. Dura-Ace chain. Sella Itallia SLR saddle. LeCreme titanium crankset @ <295 grms (only full ti crankset ever made to my knowledge), with 56/44 alum rings. Ti bottom bracket. Tufo Tubulars. Rode this bike from 1994-2007 when I purchased a Cervelo' P3.
Quote Reply
Re: 'Pimp My Ride': An original 1992 Zipp 2001 series 1 (photo) [dog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We need a picture though! ;)

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi sir.
Do you have yet?
still clinch?

I am tiny Japanese. 167cm
Very lovery 650C and SRM srankset Dura-ace 165-167.5
Quote Reply
Re: 'Pimp My Ride': An original 1992 Zipp 2001 series 1 (photo) [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,
I hope you still have this brake for sale. I know it has been a while, just hope you still have it. My number is 315-708-5588, please let me know, thanks.
-Max T
Last edited by: maxtbicycle: Sep 30, 13 12:17
Quote Reply
Re: 'Pimp My Ride': An original 1992 Zipp 2001 series 1 (photo) [maxtbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm afraid not, sorry!

Xavier

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply

Prev Next