Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'Let's see your ride(s) Round 2': Crap car & fancy bike: Post your pics here
Quote | Reply
Apparently the average triathlete's annual salary is over $125k, but there's gotta be a few of us out there riding bikes worth 10x that of our car. In honor of the few, post 'em here. I'll start.

1988 Honda Accord
235k miles, 2 windows don't roll down, front passenger door doesn't open, sunroof broken, oil leaks, lacking paint, muffler frequently falls off, fold down rear seat fits bike in trunk wonderfully, and runs like a champ! Value: $500

2011 Specialized Transition Pro
200 miles, Quarq power meter, SRAM Red, carbon everything, with my Zipp wheels & Garmin, Value: $5000

Ryan Borger - Denver, CO: Realtor. Former pro triathlete/coach. Cancer survivor. podiumproperties.com
Quote Reply
Re: 'Let's see your ride(s) Round 2': Crap car & fancy bike: Post your pics here [rundutch22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
please tell us that saddle is a temp…

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: 'Let's see your ride(s) Round 2': Crap car & fancy bike: Post your pics here [rundutch22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and that after seeing a picture of your saddle you adjusted it properly so it isn't anglled down...

i remember rolling in our 1996 suburban with my p2c w/new 808s hanging off the back and saying to my wife "the bike on the back is cost more than the truck that's hauling it"

she got pissed.........

Tim
Quote Reply
Re: 'Let's see your ride(s) Round 2': Crap car & fancy bike: Post your pics here [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nebmot wrote:
please tell us that saddle is a tempďż˝

Yup. It was a trial loaner saddle, got a white/black one now :)

Ryan Borger - Denver, CO: Realtor. Former pro triathlete/coach. Cancer survivor. podiumproperties.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wish i could post pics. i have a 94 s-10 pickup. no passenger side mirror. it has about 205k on it. still runs great. put a few bikes and gear in the bed.
have a '07 s-works road bike with full DA and DA srm wireless on it. and a '08 s-works transition with sram red and wireless srm (specialized crank arms).
i do get some looks from people with the bikes in the back. my wife really wants me to get a new vehicle. just don't know what though.

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

There's about $8,000+ of bikes there( My Cervelo R3 and MissP's old Specialized Tarmac( since upgraded to a Cervelo S2) both with full DA kits) Car is a '99 Corolla with nearly 300,000k on it. Not sure how much it's worth now. Not very much. Still works like a charm though.

The bikes are kitted out in dirt/gravel road mode larger tires and MTB pedals for some gravel/dirt road and light trail riding at our cottage.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Dec 29, 10 10:45
Quote Reply
Re: 'Let's see your ride(s) Round 2': Crap car & fancy bike: Post your pics here [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i dont have any pics, but my daily driver is a '94 chevy corsica with 75k miles.
my bike is a Fuji D6.
Quote Reply
Re: 'Let's see your ride(s) Round 2': Crap car & fancy bike: Post your pics here [wabash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those Corsicas' will go forever.

Don't have a picture either, but it's a Toyota Tundra with a Thule rack that utilizes the tailgate to hold the bike in place from the front wheel. Either that or it rides inside with me....just lift the back seats roll her in and let's go.

Jehovah and family unity above all.
Quote Reply
Re: 'Let's see your ride(s) Round 2': Crap car & fancy bike: Post your pics here [VelocityDriven] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, I have an '88 Corsica with 'only' 147,000 km on it and it runs like a gazelle. It carries my 2008 SLC-SL w/ DA and Zipp 404s very well. At this point I think the bike might be worth more than 10x the value of the car.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, this looks like fun so I'll play...although my bike is still quite modest compared to others above.

Car is a mid-90's Ford Telstar (same as Mazda 626...for NZ market) with about 180k on the clock. This time last year I sold a '94 Peugot 306 hatch with almost 200k and a blown engine for NZ$1000 (sucker!) and bought this for $1400...so I call it my $400 beater wagon. I'm surprised it actually looks a lot nicer in the pic than it does in person. No air-con and I'm missing two window winders, central locking has a mind of it's own, I can unlock the driver's door with my fingernail, and the front driver's side wheel makes an odd noise at low speed (my fiance & I joke we have a goose living in the wheel well). But it has a cavernous boot...I can throw the bike in the back with both wheels on and lug a tonne of gear around to races, on holidays, etc

Bike is a 2006 P2-SL and well documented here. Built with lots of used parts, lots of alloy...fork & seatpost aside I think the pedals & brake levers are the only carbon bits (outside of raceday only items). Insured for probably 3 or 4 times the value of the car...not sure exactly, paperwork is at home. Replacement value for the bike is blown out here in NZ 'cos RRP for bikes & related gear is comparatively (to the US & UK) expensive. The SRM was the latest upgrade this year...bought it used off a mate and paid him back over 5 months. Cranks alone are worth more than the car.

So probably around a 4:1 $$ ratio for me (bike:car that is).

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What seat pack is that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Car? You own a car? Right now I only own (nice) bikes.

[My husband sold my car a couple of weeks ago. Now if he had sold one of my bikes, I would know it was all over..]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wish I had a picture, but at the Oliver Half last year, an awesome old Subaru Justy, rusty and looking pretty dang sketchy, with a beautiful P3 with 808's on it. Had to be at least your dollar bike/car ratio, if not more...

It was epic. I wish I knew better so as to take said picture...

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply