Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'Highest Degree of Difficulty' missing
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know the story behind why the 'Highest Degree of Difficulty' was noticeably missing from the IM Lake Placid course? Sorting through handouts from Lake Placid recently and noticed on the maps where they had marked the H.D.D., but as I recall, there was nothing on the actual course that stood out like at other IM events. No inflatable archway, no in-your-face 'Degree' advertising, no p.a. system. Also, as I recall, Degree didn't have a booth at L.P. You'ld think that if they are such a big sponsor at other I.M. events they would have been just as visible. Is this something to do with other new sponsors? IMNA still play nice with all sponsors?

Thanks for any info. -Dan
Quote Reply
Re: 'Highest Degree of Difficulty' missing [Schroedrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No free sample-size deodorant either, which stinks.

I suppose Degree chose not to pony up as much sponsorship money as in previous years, so they did not have the same level of visibility for the race.
Last edited by: Quadzilla: Aug 5, 05 13:55
Quote Reply
Re: 'Highest Degree of Difficulty' missing [Schroedrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With Ford's rather large contribution, there's not much room for other brand name consumer goods......

I liked their support, the course maps, the free samples...and thought the Steve Katai deal was pretty cool. It's nice to know that a full-time, athletic guy, coached by the the best coaches for 6months and a full "scholarship"....couldn't touch me at IMFL 2003. ;o)
Quote Reply