Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: request - 70.3s sorted by bike elevation gain [duffy-san] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's still a really good race. The course is rolling and has great views of the Rockies. And if you're coming from low elevation, you'll feet it. :)
Quote Reply
Re: request - 70.3s sorted by bike elevation gain [snackchair] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the numbers everyone. I've always wanted to look at a chart like this but could never find one. I'll add all the numbers people are posting when I get home late tonight.

I'll also try to make the google doc available for public editing (and hopefully not my entire google doc folder haha) so people can add the races they know of and not just the ironman branded ones. Weekend project...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the Vegas 70.3 course the same as the Silverman course? I have 3507ft for Vegas.

-Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: request - 70.3s sorted by bike elevation gain [AMT04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AMT04 wrote:
Is the Vegas 70.3 course the same as the Silverman course? I have 3507ft for Vegas.

Different course than the Vegas 70.3 WC as you start way out at Lake Mead instead of Lake Las Vegas and there is a lot of climbing even before you get on the 70.3 WC part of the course. The elevation shown by Duffy is correct for Silverman. St. Croix is also right around 1180 m ~ 3900 ft:

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/494291900

What about Galveston? Gotta be around 15 ft total for that race!!!

actually I answered my question....somehow I ended up with 161m with the bike commute to race start from hotel!!!

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/476040509

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few more from my Garmin (units in feet)
- Israman (Eilat, Israel) = 5,463 (Garmin 920xt) Race site claims 6,200 feet
- Toughman NY = 4,000 (Garmin 910xt, Elevation Correction Enabled). Mapmyrun claims 3434
- Black Bear = 5,175 (Garmin 500, Elevation Correction Enabled). Mapmyrun is closer to 4,300 ft.

I've heard rumors that there are flat courses out there, but I've yet to encounter them!

Cheers,
Sam
Quote Reply
Re: request - 70.3s sorted by bike elevation gain [SPBaldwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Savageman - 6997 according to my Garmin
Quote Reply
Re: request - 70.3s sorted by bike elevation gain [BBB1975] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If we go past WTC races, you have l'Alpe d'Huez with about 10,000 ft ascent (race distance 2.2/115/22k)

Quote Reply
Re: request - 70.3s sorted by bike elevation gain [howlingmadbenji] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the numbers. I've ended up making a google form and spreadsheet for people to enter the bike elevation gain numbers from their GPS ride files and/or race website of their favorite/previous races. The links to the form and the spreadsheet have been added to my original post on this thread.

Also, I think I've added all the numbers that people have given me up to this point. If I missed one or got one wrong, either let me know, add a comment to the spreadsheet, or submit an entry with the google form. Everyone should have read/comment access to the spreadsheet (but not edit), and submit access to the form.

Hopefully this ends up being fun and/or helpful and/or cool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just realized that people had responded to the form but I wasn't being notified. Apparently notifications are a manual add-on to google forms. It should be working now.

I've added the submitted races that weren't on there before, and I added the GPS numbers people submitted for races already on the list. I also changed Timberman's number because all the GPS rides were similar to each other but different from the race website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The vineman 70.3 elevation seems pretty spot on. My 2013 garmin file has it at 2,001. For 2014 it was 2,411.
Quote Reply

Prev Next