Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Ummmm, sir the status of your bike has changed...."
Quote | Reply
Thats what American Airlines told me yesterday. I landed in san diego sunday night, my bike was no where to be found. The customer service girl told me that it would be at my place monday morning no later then 12. So, around 3 yesterday I called AA. After getting frustrated with the first few people, I finally made my way to a supervisor. She told me that they no longer knew where my bike was. As the tracking number said the status was unknown. So basically, my bike went from being in Dallas and arriving the next morning. To, well we're not really sure where your bike is or when we will find it. So I am on the verge of screaming.
Quote Reply
Re: "Ummmm, sir the status of your bike has changed...." [couchweight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You had a really expensive bike right?
Zipp Weaponry, carbon everything, custom fit...

If they can't find it they should cover a replacement, that is a real pain in the butt.

When I decide to fly for a race I may think about sending my bike UPS and hope they are better.

Best of Luck,
Andrew

C'mon legs run faster!
Being fast on a crappy bike is cool
Fueled by Guinness, Tuborg, Anchor Steam and Creemore Springs
Quote Reply
Re: "Ummmm, sir the status of your bike has changed...." [slammer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This spring coming home from IMAZ, I fedex'd my bike from Tempe to Milwaukee.

I stayed in Arizona an extra week. 5 days after I arrived home, my bike showed up - turns out it made a detour to Washington state - bright side is I got the shipping for free.
Quote Reply
Re: "Ummmm, sir the status of your bike has changed...." [couchweight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've gone through that as well.... I had a happy ending. I called them about every hour for two days. I hope all goes well for you !!!!
Quote Reply
Re: "Ummmm, sir the status of your bike has changed...." [slammer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think, stress think, that the airline is only liable for $2000 no matter what the claim. I could be wrong but I have often thought about what I would say if I was in the OP's shoes. (Good luck with getting your ride back). I wonder if I had a $2000 bike in a box that was lost and I claim it was a custom Lynskey with Carbon everything and its worth was $10,000. Then the airline pays me off only to "find" the lost original and it did not fit the description I gave to ther the 10k. Would I be comminting insurance fraud which would carrry a stiff penalty.
Quote Reply
Re: "Ummmm, sir the status of your bike has changed...." [ATX TRIHEAD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most home owners policies will cover the excess amount over what the Airline pays you,it takes some pushing but they will provide coverage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hang in there.

The airline lost my wife's bike coming back to Canada from Australia last year. Showed up a week later. My daughter also lost her luggage on a flight from Amsterdam to Toronto. Apparently they sent it to Thailand. Also showed up about a week later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AA has lost baggage of mine on two of my last three flights with them. Once it took three days to recover, and the other took three weeks.

The best advice I can give is to be persistent with them - i don't think i would have recovered one of the bags if i didn't go back to the airport myself and literally demand the attendant to go search their storeroom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
had a good friend ship his bike to IMLOU. was supposed to be there wed. thursday they said by noon. Noon.bike is lost. At 3 bike is found in kansas city will be there friday. Friday bike arrives....no bike case, but torn up box....ladies MT bike. Run to insideout sport rent the last bike in his size..p3. By mile 15 back and legs are killing him...has a totally shitty race....bike found and shipped back home on tueaday.
moral of the story...either way is a crap shoot
Quote Reply