Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Home Made" Triathlon Camp
Quote | Reply
Hello

I wish I could go to one of these tri camps in Cali but instead Im planning on taking a few days off and stay at home to train "like a pro".
Im thinking of doing a "home made" triathlon camp with intense training on something like 4 days, right before peaking (1 week) for an A-race.

1- for those who know about triathlon camps, whats the schedule like?
2- what would you suggest in terms of schedule for this home made tri camp?
Quote Reply
Re: "Home Made" Triathlon Camp [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can answer #2.

I did something like that ~10 yrs ago when I had the family leaving town for a long weekend. My A race that year was a HIM. Organized an "in-town" spring training camp for anyone in our local tri club saying they could join in for any portion they were interested in. The training camp went something like this:

Fri afternoon/evening: swim workout at local pool (something close to Oly distance), 25-30 mile ride, 5-6 mile run on nearby trails. Group pasta dinner at our house w/ everyone who planned on participating in any of the segments over the weekend.

Saturday: 2k-3k swim (customize to individual, telling everyone be prepared to jump on bikes in an hr), 60-80 mile ride in the foothills, 5-10 mile run on nearby trails (trails preferred to keep from beating up the legs too badly over the three days).

Sunday: 50-60 mile ride, 10-15 mile run on trails.

We had approximate start and stop times between each segment so that folks could join as available.

If my A race was full IM distance, we would have upped the mileage.

Tad

It took awhile, but I finally discovered that its not the destination that's important, but rather the journey.
Quote Reply