Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "Heavier" sub 2:40-2:45 marathoners [Bob S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yessir ML. Btwn Apr '11 and Apr'15 I ran 7 marathons between 2:29 and 2:35 (4xBos, 2xPhilly and 1 Cape cod). Plus throw in the '13 IMLP (3:01) and '13 Kona (2:56). For all I was 162-168lbs (5'11"). And 43-48yrs old. Maybe that's just not that heavy for a marathoner. I think the main drivers to that stretch of performance was the accumulated advantage of life-long running, sticking religiously to a consistent daily training plan, no significant injuries and getting really used to how to 'race' a marathon...and maybe some help from the gene pool.

Now paying back the running gods for that fun stretch of racing with some pesky hamstring and knee issues. Nothing is every free!!!
Last edited by: Natrl DIZZ: Jun 3, 16 10:58
Quote Reply
Re: "Heavier" sub 2:40-2:45 marathoners [xrookiex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sub-2:45 (barely) @ LA at 170-175 (5'-10"). Never run sub-4 off the bike. Hope to do it this year at IMAZ.
Quote Reply
Re: "Heavier" sub 2:40-2:45 marathoners [Natrl DIZZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, so you were a fattie then, eh? ;-)

It's that extra 1" of height you've got on me.
(And the ridonkulous run ability)

PS - since Dev is on the shelf, there is no official EpicMan LP happening next week.
Sigh.

However - myself and a buddy are banditing the E.Dot course, including the MLSC Whiteface Prologue on Thurs eve.
And then as much of the EpicTot festivities on Friday as we feel like.
Just throwing it out there...

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: "Heavier" sub 2:40-2:45 marathoners [mstange22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mstange22 wrote:
Sub-2:45 (barely) @ LA at 170-175 (5'-10"). Never run sub-4 off the bike. Hope to do it this year at IMAZ.
As for training, it was run-only. Pfitzinger 18/85+. Peaking somewhere around 110, with 4-5 doubles per week. Mid-week runs of 13 & 15 with 20-24 every Sun.

Was actually lighter (~165) with more mileage (peaked at 127) the previous year in Boston, but only ran a 2:48 off a 12-week build.
Quote Reply
Re: "Heavier" sub 2:40-2:45 marathoners [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
How heavy for sub 2:40? Are you talking 200 lbs in which case it's probably zero

I know a ~200 lbs runner whose marathon PR is 2:18.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when I was in my 20's I ran a number of 2.43 marathons, each was a blowup after a 2 flat 20 attempting to run a 2.37. I could run a 1:12.30 half, but over 15 I seemed to have more problems. At the time I was 6 feet and around 165. Heat really kills me, all my best races were run in cool weather.
Quote Reply
Re: "Heavier" sub 2:40-2:45 marathoners [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was wondering about Epicman. Tempted. Let me see if I can jigger my schedule. I did the climb from Wilm to the toll booths last weekend to get prepped for an assault on Whiteface. Blackflies were angry last wknd. I'm sure more of the same for next Thurs.
Quote Reply
Re: "Heavier" sub 2:40-2:45 marathoners [Natrl DIZZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Natrl DIZZ wrote:
Was wondering about Epicman. Tempted. Let me see if I can jigger my schedule. I did the climb from Wilm to the toll booths last weekend to get prepped for an assault on Whiteface. Blackflies were angry last wknd. I'm sure more of the same for next Thurs.

Cool. Keep me posted.

PS - up to the toll booth is the easy part.
Anybody can climb at FTP for ~20 mins.
It's the next 35-40 mins where all the "fun" is at.

PPS - my email is:
my screen name (no ' ) 424 at Geemail dot com.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macca claimed to weigh 177 lbs and went 2:42 when winning Kona in 2007.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I popped a 1:20:xx @ 191lbs
Since 1:20 + 1:20 = 2:40 marathon
Shady wins!!

:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was right around 160 last Chicago Marathon and I went 2:42...more like 2:40 but had a damn bathroom stop! Might have been 158 but somewhere around there. Not "heavy" by triathlon standards but still "big" for runners. I am always amazed when I do races to see pictures of me next to other runners and they make me look HUGE sometimes. It's crazy.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply

Prev Next