Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"He was trying to run in the bubble from Miami to Bermuda".
Quote | Reply
Coast Guard Rescues Man In Inflatable Bubble

http://www.npr.org/...paign=storiesfromnpr
Quote Reply
Re: "He was trying to run in the bubble from Miami to Bermuda". [slow123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw this on the news last night. I asked myself two questions:

1) If the Coast Guard charges him the costs of the rescue, what is the estimated price tag?

2) Which ST member is that wearing those running shorts?

Proud Representative of Slowtwitch Anti-Atheists Society.
Quote Reply
Re: "He was trying to run in the bubble from Miami to Bermuda". [slow123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My thoughts after seeing that thing is you don't run anywhere in it, it goes where the wind and current take it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought I had a shot at being the first to post this... dang.

My local source:
http://www.ksl.com/...d&s_cid=queue-14

Looks like he calls himself a "longtime endurance runner and peace activist"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well that is one way to set a hard to beat strava segment.
Quote Reply
Re: "He was trying to run in the bubble from Miami to Bermuda". [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The kids over at letsrun are having a field day with this guy.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Remarkable.

A beach toy? Yes.
A watercraft for the open sea? Uh, ... no way.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Oct 6, 14 7:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a sticker for that

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: "He was trying to run in the bubble from Miami to Bermuda". [JayZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
In addition to the protein bars the Coast Guard said it found in his bubble, he planned to catch and eat fish, the site said.

Sounds like a well thought out nutrition plan.........
Quote Reply
Re: "He was trying to run in the bubble from Miami to Bermuda". [dogchili94] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll bet it smelled wonderful inside that bubble when the Coast Guard pulled him out of it.
Quote Reply
Re: "He was trying to run in the bubble from Miami to Bermuda". [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This could be the new punishment for ST-ers gone astray instead of banishment. [borrowed from Cool Hand Luke] Any man playinggrabass or fightin' in the forums spends a night in the bubble-wheel.

DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Remarkable.

A beach toy? Yes.
A watercraft for the open sea? Uh, ... no way.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the purpose of the soccer balls?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: "He was trying to run in the bubble from Miami to Bermuda". [dogchili94] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dogchili94 wrote:
Quote:
In addition to the protein bars the Coast Guard said it found in his bubble, he planned to catch and eat fish, the site said.

Sounds like a well thought out nutrition plan.........

Might not be a bad idea for IMFL. You could wear a belt during the swim, hang a few lines w/ hooks and frozen shrimp. Perfect for T1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Did they mean Bimini? Bermuda has to be about 1,000 miles from Miami.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is fantastic. Thank you.
Quote Reply