Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Want to buy a specialized transition frameset or complete
Quote | Reply
Hi I was wondering if there are any 2009 to current specialized transitions(comp,expert,pro) complete bike or just the frames on sale or on closeout and also wondering if there are any dealers that have demo models . I am looking for new or used. I have called a few specialized dealers about having the 2010 specialized transition pro frame for $2100 like on specialized website but none have. The specialized bike size I fall in the small to medium size range.

Quote Reply
Re: Want to buy a specialized transition frameset or complete [Livestrong191] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not a Trek?
Quote Reply
Re: Want to buy a specialized transition frameset or complete [elpete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elpete wrote:
Why not a Trek?

I have looked at the trek speed concept 7.2 and 7.0 which are nice bikes but in the speed concept world in the back of my mind and in my heart I would want SC 9 series even though my pocket does not reach that far yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Want to buy a specialized transition frameset or complete [elpete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elpete wrote:
Why not a Trek?

Because he's looking for a fast bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Want to buy a specialized transition frameset or complete [Livestrong191] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be selling an '09 Comp frameset in black/yellow (L). The colors would go along nicely with your screen name.

Quote Reply
Re: Want to buy a specialized transition frameset or complete [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grosso27 wrote:
I will be selling an '09 Comp frameset in black/yellow (L). The colors would go along nicely with your screen name.

thanks but the bike is too big for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try posting this in Classifieds- there might be someone out there for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Want to buy a specialized transition frameset or complete [RFXCrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RFXCrunner wrote:
Try posting this in Classifieds- there might be someone out there for you.

I would but I am new to the world of posting on Slowtwitch. Long time reader , first time poster. So I cannot post anything in that section yet per ST rules.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The best thing to do from here would be to participate in ST as a "poster/contributor" for 8 more days instead of just "reading", get your post count up and then you will be able to post in the classifieds all you want.

Circumventing the rules on the forums is not looked upon very kindly by the community here. But, you probably know that having been a reader for a while.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try racycles.com. They usually have closeouts. I got my previous Transition frame through them at a discount.

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I Have a 2009 Transition Comp. in Med. Black & Yellow paint with a red s-works seat post. PM me.
Quote Reply
Re: Want to buy a specialized transition frameset or complete [boilerup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boilerup wrote:
Try racycles.com. They usually have closeouts. I got my previous Transition frame through them at a discount.

They are not cheap they selling specialized transiton pro 2009 for $2400 and Specialized compnay is selling a 2010 for $2100. So i am alittle skeptical about them. But thanks for the info
Quote Reply
Re: Want to buy a specialized transition frameset or complete [Timbo293] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timbo293 wrote:
I Have a 2009 Transition Comp. in Med. Black & Yellow paint with a red s-works seat post. PM me.

I have no idea on here how to PM you. I am rookie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
E-mail?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Click on screen name, goes to their profile, then scroll to the bottom and you will see private message click and type hit send.
Quote Reply
Re: Want to buy a specialized transition frameset or complete [cjb3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cjb3 wrote:
Click on screen name, goes to their profile, then scroll to the bottom and you will see private message click and type hit send.

Thank you for your help. Pm sent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in 2010 Specialized "dumbed down" their groupsets to try and compete with the other companies...I bought my 2009 Specialized transition from R&A cycles at a great price...great bike too...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2009 Transition Expert Frameset I am trying to get rid of. I am 5'8" and fit pretty well on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Want to buy a specialized transition frameset or complete [jaslupo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaslupo wrote:
I have a 2009 Transition Expert Frameset I am trying to get rid of. I am 5'8" and fit pretty well on it.

PM sent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2009 Transition Expert complete bike for sale. Sent you a PM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Besides not being cheap, they also don't do online orders for Specialized despite the fact that their website gives you the impression that they do. I guess they should be applauded for abiding by dealership agreement with Specialzied.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you been fit? Are you sure this bike fits you? It sounds like no since you don't even know what size you need.

mike@wahoo wrote:
Have you been fit? Are you sure this bike fits you? It sounds like no since you don't even know what size you need.

You 100% right not fitted for a specialized BUT took the same measurements on my giant trinity 1 and talked to my LBS guy and said since the specialized are very adjustable and I between size I could go either way with a few adjustments either way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2009 Specialized Transition Comp Size L 56cm.
Let me know if you're interested.
Quote Reply
Re: Want to buy a specialized transition frameset or complete [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indianacyclist wrote:
I have a 2009 Specialized Transition Comp Size L 56cm.
Let me know if you're interested.

Sorry large is too big . Thanks anywys
Quote Reply

Prev Next