Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rudy Project customer service
Quote | Reply
Rating = 0

My Rudy Project Syton Super Comp has begun to fall apart after only one year of use. I assure you it is not due to negligent treatment. The screws that hold the visor on have fallen out and the holes are stripped so that you can't just screw them back in. Also the detachable ear covers are pretty much just detached ear covers because they don't stay on. That part really doesn't bother me because I have no desire to use them. It's just the principle.

I emailed RP about my disintegrating $175 helmet and their response?

No apology. Just a link to their website and "We have a warranty on our helmets." However, in order to take advantage of said warranty you must send your helmet to them and pay an additional $15 for them to look at it to see if it is their fault. If it is their fault, they will fix it and send it back.

I just grabbed some larger diameter screws and fixed it myself for under $1.

The point of my rant is for that kind of money;

a) the helmet should not fall apart,

b) if it does, they should fix it on their dime.
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project customer service [ohiotriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a similar experience with my Rudy Project Skurya road helmet. One side of the plastic strap that holds the fit adjustment dial broke. I e-mailed regarding purchasing a new strap (figured it was cheaper than paying the $15 + shipping to have them look at it) and got no response. That's one reason my new aero helmet (which is eagerly awaiting my arrival home!) is a Louis Garneau and not a Rudy.

Steve

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]
in order to take advantage of said warranty you must send your helmet to them and pay an additional $15 for them to look at it to see if it is their fault.
[/reply]

wow... that sounds pretty lame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That sucks dude. Maybe I got lucky...I had a problem with a RP helmet earlier this year, and found that their customer service was great. They sent me a new helmet ASAP.

===============================

member of the Litespeed Mafia
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project customer service [irontrev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You must be faster than me.
Quote Reply