Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cyclist in a coma after hit at PCH/Superior in Newport Beach
Quote | Reply
I know that if each time something like this happened, ST would only have death posts...but this area of Newport Beach has a huge concentration of riders. The accident occurred on Superior at PCH, right near Hoag Hospital.

The driver was allegedly drunk and drifted into the bike lane. It happened yesterday (Saturday) at 3:00 pm.

http://www.ocregister.com/.../article_1286418.php
Last edited by: racerman: Sep 24, 06 19:21
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclist killed on PCH in Newport Beach [racerman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clarification? The article says the cyclist is still alive in critical condition. Let's keep him in our thoughts and prayers.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclist in a coma after hit at PCH/Superior in Newport Beach [racerman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After seeing several drug-busts in that area, being called all imaginable variations of "f-words" countless times, "brushed" and cut off on purpose, showered with softdrinks and small coins, I can only give one recommendation:

DO NOT RIDE THIS STRETCH IN THE AFTERNOON ON WEEKENDS!

(the worst time is when people go home from the beach between 4-6PM).

Otherwise you are taking your life into your own hands down there. There seems to be at least one severe accident involving cyclists every week on that stretch.

And for all others: If you want to see the "doom" of the american "culture": This is THE PLACE to look. Disgusting....

I hope that poor soul pulls through.

Re: Cyclist in a coma after hit at PCH/Superior in Newport Beach [racerman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is terrible, terrible news. I hope the person makes it and makes a full recovery.

I agree that that portion of road is very dangerous, especially on weekends...tons of beachgoers driving to/from Balboa Peninsula.

damn....now I'm depressed.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very sad story.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just can't believe that people ride certain stretches of road when they do. When I see guys riding the Laguna Beach PCH route on a weekend afternoons I think that they are out of their gore. That doesn't exuse people for being A-hole's though.
Quote Reply