Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Irontour Ottawa: Fri Swim 4K, Sat Swim 50 min-bike180K-Run 30 min, Sun Run 90 min-Bike 100K-Run 30....Total 10,000 ft climbing [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys were an amazing sight, and you're right about the hard weather toughening us up.

Good luck in Kona to all of you guys!

-----------------------------------------------------------
"No more hurting people - Peace"
Quote Reply
Re: Irontour Ottawa: Fri Swim 4K, Sat Swim 50 min-bike180K-Run 30 min, Sun Run 90 min-Bike 100K-Run 30....Total 10,000 ft climbing [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did indeed run Sat morning. Something about swimming in the dark when I know I couldn't hang with the big boys wasn't terribly appealing.
Thanks for all the encouragement Dev. You really keep everyone going.

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Irontour Ottawa: Fri Swim 4K, Sat Swim 50 min-bike180K-Run 30 min, Sun Run 90 min-Bike 100K-Run 30....Total 10,000 ft climbing [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Markus, you are being too liberal with "encouragement". More like tough love, mixed with smack, mixed with the atmosphere of a military deployment, with 13 hour of triathlon training thrown in to mix things up :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess I must be a big puss then, I only did one lousy ride this whole weekend.

153m

8:26:xx

11k++ ft of climbing.

In the rain. Solo.

I rode from home (Hudson Valley, NY) to our friends' house in Stonington CT; so basically across the entire state of CT, since the next town past Stonington (and Mystic) is Westerly RI. Was supposed to 'only' be 140m, but I got "Mapquested" (read: fucked) 3x, which added an extra ~13m and ~40mins to my adventure.

Glad you kids had fun. Hope ya didn't blow yer wads so close to the big dance. See ya in a coupla weeks!

-M

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Irontour Ottawa: Fri Swim 4K, Sat Swim 50 min-bike180K-Run 30 min, Sun Run 90 min-Bike 100K-Run 30....Total 10,000 ft climbing [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ML, I think your ride was studlier than ours. No way we could have done what we did without the company! As for blowing up before Kona, well, being overtrained would be nothing knew, but as Jonnyo and Floyd say, if you are overtrained, you were undertrained in the first place :-)

Now...all you dudes who were at Irontour Ottawa, read my thread about lame transitions :-)

Dev
Quote Reply

Prev Next