Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Shouting at Drafters.. Malibu [english muffin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey!

Now you are offending us! Our drafting has nothing to do with our club affilation!

We were a 2 person team. This was a charity event and both of us had disabilities!

Me, (in the front) I have a prescription for EPO (look it up--especially AIDS and EPO). Perfectly legal, like your inhaler!

My partner (in sport and life) has a debilitating cranial disorder (when hypoxic, he doesn't understand the concept of "rules"). Very common among a lot of athletes (unfortunately a lot of them don't have partners)!

So stop bashing a club that gives challenged athletes an identity and a home!

Quote | Reply
I am a new member of the LA Tri Club and I can guarantee to you that it is not 'coached' to draft. As any club, organization, etc that is 1400 strong, there is going to be someone that is going to do as he/she wishes. Definitely not club driven.

The people that crack me up the most in races are the ones that wear rear view mirrors on their helmet during a race. Some may have forgotten to take it off but chances are that is being used to see if any marshalls are coming up behind them!
Quote Reply
Re: Shouting at Drafters.. Malibu [de-tri-mental] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. I did not say which club it was

2. People in club kit are racing for that club, and their actions represent the club they are racing for

3. I didnt name the racer

4. It is a USAT sanctioned race, for USAT points, if you want a charity race to be solely for charity then do not give out race chips for timing and do not give out placings at the end

5. Malibu for me is a race that pinpoints out the benefits of training / racing in the year, if I have a good race, then the training is working as its a pretty consistant course in weather.

Are you saying that I should just ignore the drafting and sit like everyone else wishing it would go away. sorry I was not taught to think that rules are there to be broken and my place on the podium is worth cheating for....
Quote Reply
Re: Shouting at Drafters.. Malibu [briantryintri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian, It could be that just because of the sheer size of the LA club, that people notice those cheaters over others. It has been the opinion of many, that this club had the most cheaters in any of the major races in CA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not a member of any "LA area tri-club" and I did not participate in that event.

I was merely laying out a hypothetical scenario and did not anticipate that my post would be taken THAT seriously.

But it now appears that I had been aiming closer to the target than intended....

Apologies.... (not really)

Although I agree with your points and had been "acting-up" like you in the past, I have come to the conclusion that your standpoint (rage) is looked upon as somewhat outdated and weird by most "participants".

And since I don't want to look like a fool out there on the course anymore (and don't care for being spit at when calling people out), I have come to the conclusion that the wisest course of action is to just ignore it, BECAUSE it won't go away.

Important championship races are still well monitored and you will find like-minded folks there.

Forgettabout the rest....

Re: Shouting at Drafters.. Malibu [de-tri-mental] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey thanks for being apathetic and hypothetcal, its a real benefit. I hope you stay the same way when someone does something you believe to be wrong and shows no regret.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the case that actions would threaten my well-being or life (Drafting doesn't really fall in that category) I would resort to an strategy successfull since the dawn of times:

An eye for an eye.

Re: Shouting at Drafters.. Malibu [aimmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Understood when you have a ton of people in a club. I can just tell you that before I joined LA Tri Club the only reason I hated anyone from there was when he/she was passing me!!
Quote Reply
Re: Shouting at Drafters.. Malibu [briantryintri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Understood when you have a ton of people in a club. I can just tell you that before I joined LA Tri Club the only reason I hated anyone from there was when he/she was passing me!!
I agree. I have always hated it when the cheaters pass me as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Shouting at Drafters.. Malibu [AndrewSaar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totaly, agree about cancun. It was disgusting. The course marshall was riding along side them and just blowing a whistle. I finally yelled at him to stop them because they were cheating. He stopped one out of a pack of at least 30. And how about that strict penalty. Stop, get off bike , pick it up, go. WOW that might take all of 30 seconds. I loved the race otherwise.
Quote Reply
Re: Shouting at Drafters.. Malibu [aimmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We will agree to disagree. Good luck to you.
Quote Reply
Re: Shouting at Drafters.. Malibu [AndrewSaar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I felt like you this weekend. You should have seen the packs at Cancun. It looked like the Tour de France not a HIM race. The saddest thing was I saw race officials pass these HUGE packs of drafters time and again and never do a thing.
welcome to racing in mexico. I've raced three or four races in Mexico, great races all of them, only one did not have drafting. One I rode 40k in a 30 person peleton. Easiest 56min 40k ever.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Shouting at Drafters.. Malibu [rpombrio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"If they see someone drafting they just hold out a pole or their arm and clothesline the person"

Or use a paintball gun.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply

Prev Next