Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dede Griesbauer wins Ironman UK
Quote | Reply
After a disappointing day at CDA finding out later she had a bacterial infection in her blood work, Dede won IM UK on Sunday! She is one of the hardest working Pro's out there. Expecting nothing but a chance to get a Kona slot, she was out front the entire day.How about a (revised) blazing 4th overall swim and a lead out from there for the entire day? Nice work Dede!

Last edited by: Trigirlpink: Aug 22, 06 18:44
Quote Reply
Re: Dede Griesbauer wins Ironman UK [Trigirlpink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah Dede! She deserves this one, she's worked so hard. I only wish I was going to Kona to see her compete there again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I knew Dede back in the day when she was club swimmer and kicking my butt up and down the pool. A few years later she was (at the time) dating a friend of mine and just getting into triathlon. Very cool that she won.

Go Seals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a seriously great job for Dede. However, if you look at the results, the run times are all over the place. I find it a little hard to believe that she ran a 2:46:48. They've got a couple of guys listed at 2:30 and a couple of women listed at below 2 hours. Something's fishy there.

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Dede Griesbauer wins Ironman UK [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Her marathon time according to the results on IMUK website was 03:26:52

Apparantly there was a failure with the timing mat transmitters on the run which is why the Ironmanlive athlete tracker times are all over the place.
Quote Reply
Re: Dede Griesbauer wins Ironman UK [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just thinking that a 45 min swim and 2:48 means a 6:10 is bike for a 9:37 finish. Usually these three splits don't go together. When someone swims 45 and runs 2:48, they are usually biking sub 4:30 :-)...and this only tends to happen at Roth!

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Dede Griesbauer wins Ironman UK [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, they screwed up the numbers. I supposed they'll get those straightened out??????

Who cares! SHE WON! :) :) :)

I also remember Dede (nee Trimble) from back in the highschool swimming days...and she was just so much better than anyone else in the pool.

Nice to see a great bounce back race for her!

-Danielle
Quote Reply