Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GFT Course?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know the bike course? I heard it was being altered due to road works etc... Also does anyone have a profile or similar of the course/ area?

Weeman
Quote Reply
Re: GFT Course? [weeman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great Floridian? Lots of hills, brutal course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think Fred has settled on a course yet.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: GFT Course? [Wiso] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See previous threads on the subject. BottomFeeder and KJGrog will probably know as soon as anyone else when the new course is set. You can also check the Sommersports forums at:
http://triathletesvillage.com/Forum/tabid/52/Default.aspx

I proposed a couple of course maps to Fred that were 112 +/- 2 miles, one of which would be brutal with likely over 7000ft of climbing. >;-> Hopefully he won't decide that mine was a good idea! Heheheh.

Note Fred posted this last Wednesday 8/02:
I was hoping I would be able to publish our proposed courses by now, but it is going to be at least another week before I feel comfortable doing so. We will be meeting with local governmental types next week and following that meeting I should have a better idea of which course may be approved.

There is absolutely no truth to the rumour that we are looking at a three lap course with all hills. We have two options that we are presenting for the bike. One is a two loop course that brings athletes back to to Clermont before they start lap two. The other is a one loop course that takes the 112 mile cyclists out west into Sumter County following the initial Sugarloaf loop.

Because we cannot use the entire trail for the run course, the new proposed run course will have a spur added on to it that runners will complete each lap.

I'll post an update late next week.

Train safe!

Fred

Mad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the half a couple years ago. Even if they do change the course it will still be brutal. I used a 12-25 last year and was glad I did. Be prepred for the smell of dead armadillos. They really reak!
Quote Reply