Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who races TT events ??
Quote | Reply
I am looking into doing some more TT events (I've done 4) and was wondering to those of you that have experience what do you do differently to your bike than when racing a tri? Also do you do anything different in regards to training, tapering, warmups, nutrition etc?

Thanks for any info

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Who races TT events ?? [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I might run the front end a little lower for a TT than I would for a tri.

For me the major difference is the warmup. For TT's I always warmup on a trainer. The shorter the TT the longer the warmup. Make sure you do a couple of intervals at TT effort.

Lewis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also remember that at the end of a TT you are finished there is no run to come, that means that you should be fully wasted at the end of the race.

I warm up on rollers, so I don't have to change my rear wheel for a turbo, I know my start time and aim to get there with about 1 or 2 mins to go, so there is no chance of getting cold or muscles starting to stiffen.

10 miles - set off climb in your hurtbox and stay there until the end.

25miles - (hate this distance) set off slightly more steadily but after 15 miles go for it and aim to arrive at the finish in the same state you would for the 10 mile.

50mile - Basically I split it into 2 25mile sections and aim to either hold an even pace or just slightly negative split.

If you are new to it try out some club events first, they are more relaxed (in the uk) and only cost about £1 in the line.

In terms of nutrition, for the 10 I ensure I am hydrated during the day and then nothing during the race (only a 20-24min effort anyway), 25 possibly one bottle with electrolytes in it (1hr effort your body glucose stores should be okay), 50, 2 bottle with electrolyte and a couple of gels. I personally can't ake on food during a TT as I find it hard to chew and breathethat hard ;-)
Last edited by: phil32: Jul 25, 06 16:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're using the TT racing as training for your triathlon racing, I wouldn't change anything (unless you want to adopt the change for your triathlon racing). If you're doing the TT racing as a separate pursuit, then I'd spend some time getting your position as aero as possible while still maintaining your power output. It's ok to be uncomfortable in a TT, so long as you can stay in the position and produce your expected power until the race is over.

For training, do regular FT workouts on your TT bike. Nutrition? No time for that. You might take a water bottle on a 40k TT, but anything shorter than that I don't bother. Don't even think about eating.
Quote Reply