Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Orlando Swim on Wed-Thu morning
Quote | Reply
Guys,

I will be in Orlando for the Freescale Technology Forum this afternoon. I need to shake out some sore muscles from Ironman LP and would like to do some easy swimming (given that I will be on my feet in a tradeshow booth for three days straight after running an Ironman). Aside from swimming in my hotel pool (JD Marriott) any recommendations. I won't have a rental car, so options are limited.

Just post and I will touch base with you guys when I get in this afternoon. My evenings are booked with customer/partner events (read: wining and dining...)

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Orlando Swim on Wed-Thu morning [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The JD Marriott/Ritz Carlton complex, where I assume you're staying, is about a 5-10 minute drive/$10 cab ride to the International Drive YMCA Aquatic Center. This is your best and closest bet for a decent pool.

http://www.ymcaaquaticcenter.com/

Infidel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will assume you are staying on international drive near convention center. If so you are in walking distance to YMCA aquatic center. http://www.ymcaaquaticcenter.com/membership.html

If you are not a Y member it is a fee of $12/day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lake Cane swim (1K or more) at 6 am if you want. I can pick you up. You get to sign your name on the Wall of Fame if you complete it.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Orlando Swim on Wed-Thu morning [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did they move it up to 6am in the summer? Damn, I've been putting weekday swims out there because the advertised 6:30 start would make me late for work...

Infidel.
Quote Reply
Re: Orlando Swim on Wed-Thu morning [DCunleaded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No it's still 6:30, although you can always get a head start. I don't think Lucky minds.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply