Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized / Hed TriSpokes
Quote | Reply
I have just purchased a set of mint condition Specialized TriSpoke [tubular, aluminium rim] that were sitting around in the sellers garage for a number of years as he had stopped racing. He bought them new [can't remember when] and only used them for 3 - 4 Olympic Distance Tri's. Anyway, I've since found out that these were actually manufactured by Hed and simply badged Specialized. Indeed on www.cyclingnews.com there is reference to these still be availble but as a Hed product. Can anyone shed some light on this. An I actually riding a set of Heds? What was the relationship between the two companies. This is just to satisfy my curiousity. I think they are great wheels. Seem pretty fast to me. What are your thoughts on these? Any comments appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized / Hed TriSpokes [DeeBee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To clarify, they were not made by HED. HED purchased the design from Specialized quite some time ago, but the original wheel was developed by Dupont and marketed by Specialized. Manufacturing was originally in the US, then was later outsourced to a Spanish company. I'm not sure where they are made now.

So no, you are not riding HEDs, but a product that is identical to a HED product.

I have a pair of Specialized Trispokes, and they are fabulous wheels.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply