Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Landis re-signed with Phonak today... [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm, it seems like Landis may not be solid with Phonak afterall. And for those that said he would never even entertain Discovery, looks like he was talking with them. Heaven forbid, Lance may have been speaking the truth.

http://www.velonews.com/tour2006/details/articles/10577.0.html

Landis is also currently engaged in contract negotiations for the coming season and said he expects to have announcement regarding his plans for next year within two weeks.

"That's still up in the air, but it should be settled within the next week or two," he said. "I'm quite happy with my current situation and the most likely scenario is that I stay where I am."

His former teammate, seven-time Tour winner Lance Armstrong, who is a part owner of the Discovery Channel cycling team was quoted this week as saying he would welcome Landis's return to the U.S. team, a possibility Landis did not dismiss.

"I have spoken with them, over the past few months, even before the Tour," Landis said. "There was never a formal offer one way or the other. Whether I would or wouldn't, I don't have any kind of problem with going back. I've been in communication with Lance. I saw him at the race - on the Alpe d'Huez stage - and we've sent messages back-and-forth in the meantime... but there haven't been any formal contract talks.

"Right now I'm trying to sort things out with my current team," Landis said. "I'm happy here and I think we have a formula that works. Again, nothing against (Discovery) but I'm proud of the team I'm on."
Quote Reply
Re: Landis re-signed with Phonak today... [Wolfwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you're about 4 hours late to the party :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next