Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

We Need A Good Interview
Quote | Reply
Say what you want about Lance Armstrong, but he WAS a great interview. I can't say the same about the current group of leaders and contenders at the Tour de France. Great athletes all, but they all seem to say the same thing. Meanwhile Armstrong drops in on the Grand Boucle yesterday and in one interview is funny, philosophical, controversial,knowledgeable and more.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: We Need A Good Interview [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Read the interview of Floyd Landis by Dave Zabriskie in this months Bicycling - hilarious!

mp
Quote Reply
Re: We Need A Good Interview [Mikel Pearce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agree... that was one of the funniest articles I have read in a long time. It certainly makes a change to the standard cliches that get trotted out most of the time. Some of the "On the Bike" interviews by DZ on his website are pure classic as well... worth checking out...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With all due respect, print can make anyone look/sound good/great. Having worked in the business for a number of years, I know.

I am talking about the TV interviews that we see during the race and at the press-conferences. Zabriske may be a great joker and cut-up( and I hear he is) but everytime he is interviewed for TV during the tour, one would not think that at all - quite, with-drawn, soft-spoken with not much to say are the toughts that come to mind ditto for Landis. Example: Read the Outside piece on Landis and then watch the TV spots with him during the Tour and you would think that you are dealing with two totally different people!

Fleck

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure that any respect is due, but I take your point.

I don't recall Lance being all that great an interview during the Tour, although I'll grant that he was perhaps better than Floyd, Dave Z et. al.

mp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I'll grant that he was perhaps better than Floyd, Dave Z et. al."

That's all I was suggesting. It's no big deal. The REAL action this year has been out on the roads.

Fleck

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Riders these days definitely go to PR school a lot more than they used to. That is why I love the Italian pros so much. Cipo was always entertaining (although I don't speak a word of Italian).

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply