Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SF Bay Area top cyclist dies...(so as not to hijack Kinesio's post again)
Quote | Reply
Sad news in the SF Chronicle this morning- Pat died Saturday never having regained consciousness.

Here's the link-

http://www.sfgate.com/...7/10/BAGT1JSHJE1.DTL

Justin, the other cyclist, is an accomplished member of the Cal Triathlon Team.

Mr. Uncaptured External Costs

Fossil carbon is planetary poison.
Last edited by: tim-mech: Jul 10, 06 17:10
Quote Reply
Re: SF Bay Area top cyclist dies...(so as not to hijack Kenesio's post again) [tim-mech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very sad news indeed. They kept him on life support long enough to find good homes for his organs.

He's the second guy Team Spine have lost in bike accidents the last year.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Post deleted by lschmidt [ In reply to ]
Re: SF Bay Area top cyclist dies...(so as not to hijack Kinesio's post again) [lschmidt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very sad news and a very well liked guy

although no one would come out and directly say it, i beleive they ran the stop sign
Quote Reply
Re: SF Bay Area top cyclist dies...(so as not to hijack Kinesio's post again) [Jason D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"although no one would come out and directly say it, i beleive they ran the stop sign "

There is no stop sign at that intersection.
Quote Reply
Re: SF Bay Area top cyclist dies...(so as not to hijack Kinesio's post again) [DreiSport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dunno if this applies but the right-of-way at T intersections is covered under the California Vehicle Code, which *requires* that motorists on the T-leg yield to motorists on the through roadway.
Last edited by: SWoo: Jul 10, 06 17:56
Quote Reply
Re: SF Bay Area top cyclist dies...(so as not to hijack Kinesio's post again) [DreiSport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ooops - must have it confused with a different intersection - been a long time since I've done that ride and it doesn't really matter much anyway
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, there is a stop sign, and yes, they blew through it. I ride that road weekly, it's a bad corner, oncoming traffic is obscured by bushes/trees. I always stop or at least slow dramatically, he had other things in mind. It was bad timing, and a bad decision that hurt a lot of people. Very, very sad.

From the VeloNews forum:

"He was riding the Saturday "House of Pain" session, and went off the front with another rider. They had a gap over the summit of Collier Canyon, and kept pushing to Highland Rd. pat was leading through the left turn on Highland, and didn't see an oncoming truck that was obscured by a tree. (yes, they were blowing the stop sign on a lightly traveled back road) 2 seconds faster or slower, and Pat would have been in the clear. "
Quote Reply