Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Testing saddles - can they affect your power output?
Quote | Reply
OK, I'm currently trying to find "the one," and I've tested many saddles in the past few weeks. The other night I hopped on a Selle Italia SLR Gel Flow for 20k, and though it was an 'ok' fit, it felt like it made me pedal with more power than usual (and more speed). Maybe I was just in the groove though.

Today I tried a Serfas Tri, again for 20k, and the fit was awesome but I felt like I didn't quite have the power I normally have. You'd figure there would be a positive correlation between saddle comfort and power output, no?

Could this all be in my head, or has anyone out there tried a saddle that made them feel stronger and ride faster than others? Anyone use power numbers when testing saddles? What have you felt with different saddles in relation to your power output? I don't have a power meter, but it sure felt like there was a difference, but maybe not.

Testing saddles sucks, especially when they're for long rides. Why can't there be an easy way to find "the one?"
Quote Reply
Re: Testing saddles - can they affect your power output? [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's because they all suck.

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Re: Testing saddles - can they affect your power output? [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I recall correctly, Fizik was claiming the Arione would allow for more power when it first came out. Anyone else remember this?

Geoffrey Nenninger
Quote Reply