Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Race provided day care?
Quote | Reply
Both my wife and myself will be participating in an upcoming Chattanooga Waterfront triathlon. It's about a 2.5 hour drive from Atlanta. We have two daughters which I would prefer bringing to town to see the aquarium etc. Is there such a thing where a race can / will / has provided day care / supervision of kids while the parent(s) is/are racing? Bringing along help is not an option for us and really never has been an option. This is the first time I'm even asking the question, but is not the first time it's been an issue. Usually one of us cannot race. Any advice on this would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Race provided day care? [atl_runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you are staying the night before or the night of the race then check with the hotel. that is what we are doing next weekend. we are basically getting the head of a day care center to look after our little one. good luck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure about that particular region, but in the past I've used a service called Babysitters Unlimited. I know they are available in HI and CA, and perhaps if not out your way there is a similar service. Basically they will show up at your hotel (or wherever) at any time (even ridiculously early for races).

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is something I think would help a lot of races attract additional people. We have an 8, 7 and 5 year old and never get to race together. It's not a big deal but it would be nice to target a couple races a year where we could both participate. I'm guessing it would only raise the price of most races though as the insurance would go even higher than it already is.

Chris

------------------------------------------------
Fight............Finish
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife and I have the same issue. We rarely race together unless our neighbors can watch our 3-year old. Our families are thousands of miles from where we live, so that's not an option.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone here have trouble leaving their children with complete strangers?
Quote Reply