Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do I cover the hole in my disc??
Quote | Reply
Just got a Renn 575 and I was curious if I should put some tape over the whole that allows you access to the valve stem. I have a rainy race day coming up saturday (MOOSEMAN) and I wasnt sure about water getting into what looks like a cardboard center, not to mention the minor aerodynmic loss the hole may cause.

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Do I cover the hole in my disc?? [peethreeguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some do, some don't. I personally do and I would especially when it's wet.

Quote | Reply
you should probably tape your nostrils shut, too. i saw some wind tunnel tests where that was faster.

--
mcoker
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I doubt it will make you measurably slower or hurt the disc, but you lose major fashion points! The only thing almost as bad is using tape that doesnt match the disc to cover the hole.

KR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would and do.

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Do I cover the hole in my disc?? [mcoker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually I was thinking about taking the brakes off the bike.....way too much wind resistance......guaranteed way to make you faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you should, not because of aerodynamics, but more along the lines of keeping crap out of the inside of the disc. I used the disc for a while without covers for a few races, and some sand and/or dust got inside the wheel. I can hear it tumbling around inside if I spin the wheel slowly now.

I found out that if you go to a crafts store, you can get contact paper and a circle cutter to make your own stickers for really cheap, and by the dozens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice! Taking the brakes off will definitely make you faster! I mean, you can't slow down :-)

--
mcoker
Quote Reply