Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mad Props out to all who braved the awesome DeSoto TripleT [GJS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem G. It was great to meet you. The race is great for exposing weaknesses. ;-) How was your drive home?
Quote Reply
Re: Mad Props out to all who braved the awesome DeSoto TripleT [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drive was fine - Matt and I made it to Louisville and, while we both seemed to be awake, our collective legs hurt way too bad to push on to StL. Stopped in L'ville for a big dinner, beers and a room w/ big beds and A/C.

I'd bet Matt is still out there making his way across the USA. Matt?

_________
kangaroo -- please do not read or respond to any of my posts
Quote Reply
Re: Mad Props out to all who braved the awesome DeSoto TripleT [GJS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds like a good way to do it. I made it back to MI is under 6 hours. I was pretty uncomfortable for a little while, but as I kept hydrating, things got better. Thank goodness for cruise control. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Mad Props out to all who braved the awesome DeSoto TripleT [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its amazing what a IV and some oxygen can do to sort you out :) Still I would't have liked to drive back to Michigan after the race. I;ve known a few people who do the double at wildflower that get a IV after the 1/2 on saturday and they are allways in way better shape than those that don't the next day.

I stayed down there another night, relaxed with a couple of Long Islands and dismantled my mangled derailure :P

Overall this is a fantastic venue and an amazing weekend of racing, I'm looking forward to be back next year and will probably test myself doing it solo. It was more of a training weekend for me, doing most races well below race pace so I didn't find it all that hard.

---------------------------
http://www.nunnsontherun.com
Quote Reply
Re: Mad Props out to all who braved the awesome DeSoto TripleT [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone who wants to experience at least a portion of the feeling from the Desoto T, there is another race this weekend.

Not triathlon, but an amazing cycling race:

http://www.godzulla.com/

This is a three 43 mile loop course for a total of 129 miles ~15,000 feet of climbing, 1 or 2 loop options also allowed. This is in the same region of southern Ohio as the TripleT, Shawnee State Park. Expect more fun than you legs can stand!

I won't be there, but best wishes to those who give it a go.

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Mad Props out to all who braved the awesome DeSoto TripleT [Mark in Cin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW, I'll be doing this. aiming for just one lap plus a 3-5 mile run. or, stretch goal is 2 laps and near death afterwards.

:)
Quote Reply
Re: Mad Props out to all who braved the awesome DeSoto TripleT [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brutal is an appropriate characterization.

i finished. no more than that though. ended up with a couple unexpected physical challenges to deal with along with the courses.

the weekend turned into a lesson in issue management for me. glad to clear the line Sunday after nearly 8:50 on the course.

what a humbling experience.

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My congrats to all who toed the line! I should have the photos from the race online later tonight or early tomorrow. One set of the bike pics from Saturday was out by Thompson hill and I also have some nice picutures of everyone coming out of the forrest on the run. ( I was the one kicked back in the recliner chair!) Totally kick ass event!

http://www.multisportphoto.com

-scott t

Quote Reply
Re: Mad Props out to all who braved the awesome DeSoto TripleT [TOBIN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah - I commented that you looked awful comfy laid back in that chair! You said Yeah and smiled! I was so jealous after the 4th damn time up/down that road. I was wondering if that was you. Looking forward to some of the photos.

Re: Mad Props out to all who braved the awesome DeSoto TripleT [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
FWIW, I'll be doing this. aiming for just one lap plus a 3-5 mile run. or, stretch goal is 2 laps and near death afterwards.

:)
Make sure you take Paulo. Let him know it will help him with his taper for Sunday.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: Mad Props out to all who braved the awesome DeSoto TripleT [go-chu-go] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]My little part to publicize this great event:

Here's a link to my RR:

[url "http://www.go-chu-go.com/Race%20Reports/Desoto_TTT_06/Desoto_TTT_06.htm"]http://www.go-chu-go.com/Race%20Reports/Desoto_TTT_06/Desoto_TTT_06.htm[/url]

I apologize ahead of time for the poor typos and bad formatting (I'm pretty tired).

My plan was to use this as a training weekend for IMFrance in 4 weeks. I ended up wiping out big time on the bike on Saturday morning and then just wanted to hang on and finish the race. In the end this was probably better because it kept me from really frying myself.

Phenomenal race though.[/reply]

I was the guy talking to you at the Wheelie Fun truck for a bit after that race on Saturday. My girlfriend says to me, I hope you never come back from a race looking like that....what do you think happened to me on Sunday? I went down hard on that last sharp left turn over the small bridge. I almost went over the guard rail and my bike went under it. But I came out looking better than you did. :) Glad to see you and the bike survived. MAD props to the guy from Wheelie Fun who not only raced quite well that weekend, but fixed all our bikes after the race in the heat. My RR is coming soon...just got back to Ontario....CEDAR POINT RULES!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Mad Props out to all who braved the awesome DeSoto TripleT [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somebody always bags it by that little bridge! I saw a guy cook it too fast, jumped the grass ditch, through the little field and back on ala Lance 2 years ago. I was impressed.

The super tall Wheelie Fun bike wrench and racer was Kyle Poland. He was also my bike fitter - jack of all bike trades! He is a pretty fast local guy who works up at Wheelie Fun (where I got my Cervelo). The store owner, Bob Duncan (WAY shorter) often races shorter stuff as well. Really the only true Tri store in the Cincinnati area.

Quote | Reply
[reply]Somebody always bags it by that little bridge! I saw a guy cook it too fast, jumped the grass ditch, through the little field and back on ala Lance 2 years ago. I was impressed.

.[/reply]

lol...that wasn't the one but I took that one too fast as well. Mine was the actual bridge with a stream underneath about 10 feet down. There is a house on the corner with a nice old man who has a first aid kit on his front porch for poor slubs like me. :) Mine spill was half not paying close enough attention and half dumb luck hitting a little bit of gravel. But I am no longer a wipe out virgin. I am full fledged in the club.
Quote Reply
Re: Mad Props out to all who braved the awesome DeSoto TripleT [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that. I'm glad you survived your crash as well. It's really a sneaky course (in a good way). After my spill on Saturday morning I was playing it super cautious for the rest of the weekend. I think that if I went down again then I would have just assumed stay down until somebody came to pick me up.

I know what you mean about the Wheelie Fun guy. I couldn't believe he was racing and fixing bikes.

It turns out I'm getting an infection on my back so I'm on antibiotics for the next week or so. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since we had to get back in the lake a couple of times. I just hope this goes away soon. My "A" race for the season is in 3 weeks (IMFrance) and I'd like to be somewhat capable for that one.
Quote Reply

Prev Next