Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who knows their trihistory?
Quote | Reply
Some of todays threads talked about Lance only training for TdF, and how many places or wins Jan Ulrich has had. Who knows, or can figure out who was the winningest male and female triathletes of all time? And no I have no idea. But it would make a decent research topic, especially if we can come up with their training schedule.

Jim

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Who knows their trihistory? [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you mean Kona only I"d say Dave Scott and PNF.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Winningest, as to total number of wins in their career, no matter the race? That would take some research. A guess would be Mike Pigg.

Paula Newby Fraser has the most Ironman wins of anyone.

Winningest, as to World Champion across all distances (Oly to Long Course to Ironman)? Erin Baker for the women. Mark Allen maybe for the men?

Dan or Fleck could probably venture some pretty educated guesses.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Who knows their trihistory? [beatnic_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No I don't mean just Kona but overall races won or podium.

Jim

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
then I'd go with Mark Allen and PNF.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back in the USTS days I think Scott Molina won 30+ races straight. Mike Pigg, Brad Kearns, Karen Smyers, Donna Peters, and just about anyone else who won a USTS championship racked up a mantel full of wins. Those guys race almost every weekend during the season. Much different than the two-Ironman schedule the notables race today. Slowman would probably need to weigh in on this one for the real stats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would bet Molina or Pigg for the men. Maybe Welchy or Bevan piled up more in the early ITU days. I would say Michellie for the women although Emma Carney had a run in the late 90's where she was unbeatable in ITU races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about Barb Lindquist

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to a recent announcement that Scott Molina will compete in the World's Toughest Half, he has the most wins. Back in the 1980s he would ocaasionally (maybe often?) race and win twice in a weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure Tinley wrote somewhere that the winningest short course guy was Molina (and he won IM once too)...women..old school is Karen Smyers or maybe Jones...currently it's got to be Barb...oh...maybe Lessing is the winningest current male.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know that Mark Allen had a two or three season winning streak that started around 89 or 90. He's probably got the most well rounded resume having won ITU worlds in 1989 and Kona several times...and something like 10 Nice titles to his credit. Dave The Man Scott can't be counted out either, but as one poster said I think that Molina probably holds the all time record for sheer number of wins. More recently Macca had something like a 20+ win streak going. It certainly seems like Simon Lessing should be older than he is, but he's been racing pro since he was about 16, so he's up there as well.

For the women, Erin Baker has a similar list as Mark Allen, but Newby-Fraser definitely has the total IM wins in the bag. Michelle Jones also has tons of olympic distance and shorter wins much like Barb does. It's probably close to a toss up between those two.

And, do you count every little race that they enter or have entered?

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: Who knows their trihistory? [-Tex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Molina for guys. What about Carol Montgomery for women? Erin baker was a frequent podium sight.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Who knows their trihistory? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kristen Hanssen was absolutely dominant for about four years in the mid-to-late 1980's. She raced a lot and regularly beat the tar out of anyone in any race short of ironman. Plus, the first time she raced Kona, she did it with a broken arm in a cast and still finished third.

The most wins, however, probably goes to a local or regional star. In my home State, Brian Stauffer accumulated over 50 wins, while Karen McKeachie's total is in the high 30's. Side note: Karen may have also set a record for being the oldest athlete to win a triathlon with more than 500 finishers, doing so twice in 2000 at the age of 47.

Lew
Quote Reply