Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best mini pump?
Quote | Reply
I'm traveling and I don't want to deal with airlines and CO2 cartridges. Does anyone have any kind of pump small enough to carry on the bike that will easily get a road tire up to 70-80 PSI?

I tried the Lezyne digital road drive and by the time I got the tire to 56 PSI, I was done.
Quote Reply
Re: Best mini pump? [tomljones3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the Silca Tattico and have been very happy with it. It's pricey though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Silca gravelero is pricy, but it will pump your tire up super fast, which is awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
check out the fumpa pumps. the nano is pretty small.
Quote Reply
Re: Best mini pump? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
I use the Silca Tattico and have been very happy with it. It's pricey though.
+1 for the Tattico, I have both the standard and the digital (works with an app to show pressure). I have used them to pump up my own and a couple people along the road. All times it was easy and got to the desired pressure. I would recommend the Tattico.
Quote Reply
Re: Best mini pump? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If anyone is looking for a moderately less expensive alternative to the Tattico, they might want to check out the Flo mini pump. Its... very darn similar.

For the OP, the Fumpa is fantastic for travel. Get the larger one, it's worth having the pressure gauge and the higher capacity, and get the (optional) "elbow nozzle kit".

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 for the Fumpa

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have two Lezyne pumps and the Micro Floor drive is worth the extra 100 grams over the smaller mini pump. It has a hose, screw-on nozzle, foot peg and small handle.
The Pressure drive is super nice until you have to use it and then it is a pain. The Micro Floor drive is just so much more convenient for small to large tires, though it maxes out at about 80 psi for road tires.
It is like 230 grams or so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Topeak Road Morph G will get you to 90+ psi relatively quickly. It's a frame pump, not pocket sized, but good for travel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't recommend enough the Performance XS minipump by Shimano Pro. It's so small it fits confortably in a jersey back pocket, and it can easily get a tyre to 90 PSI - in the specs, it says it goes up to 120 PSI.
Quote Reply
Re: Best mini pump? [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought the Silca Tattico yesterday and it was fantastic. I pumped up a flat tire very quickly and then went to a tire that was already at 80 PSI and had no trouble pumping it up higher. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Quote Reply