Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Connix Broken elbow and wrist
Quote | Reply
Connix just announced he broke his elbow and wrist. Needs surgery tomorrow. Confirmed he is unable to validate his selection. Insinuates he is out for the season
Last edited by: SheridanTris: May 15, 24 9:22
Quote Reply
Re: Connix Broken elbow and wrist [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very sad for the World Champion (NB Coninx).
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: May 15, 24 12:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Feel for him, genuine medal contender.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That really sucks.

So we're looking at Pierre, Le Corre and Luis then? I can't imagine them taking Tom Richard over Luis based on Luis' overall record.
Quote Reply
Re: Connix Broken elbow and wrist [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
That really sucks.

So we're looking at Pierre, Le Corre and Luis then? I can't imagine them taking Tom Richard over Luis based on Luis' overall record.

It is more likely to be Pierre Le Corre, Vincent Luis and Leo Bergere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya, typo... I was thinking Bergere and typed Pierre, followed by Le Corre... oops.
Quote Reply
Re: Connix Broken elbow and wrist [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This has to really suck for him, he certainly was a guy that could have won it all. He has a great run and a wicked sprint, which it is looking like it could come down too..

Silver lining is that now Luis may get the call up, and he certainly would be a strong bet for the MTR too. SO maybe a swan song from hem before he goes full time long distance non draft. Maybe a PTO start right after??
Quote Reply
Re: Connix Broken elbow and wrist [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually in his IG he is says that his dream is still alive and plans on being back training soon. That does not make the selection much easier....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
This has to really suck for him, he certainly was a guy that could have won it all. He has a great run and a wicked sprint, which it is looking like it could come down too..

Silver lining is that now Luis may get the call up, and he certainly would be a strong bet for the MTR too. SO maybe a swan song from hem before he goes full time long distance non draft. Maybe a PTO start right after??
He had a great chance of a medal: gold if the French could've engineered a breakaway/lead pack that stuck. And at least a silver in the MTR.
Silver lining only for Luis: not for the French team or anyone else. And will Luis be a "strong(er) bet" than Le Corre and Bergere: I don't think so and there's no current evidence he would be: the 2023 results suggest not.
As for a T100 wildcard, Bergere should be in the mix (and Blummenfelt?) for Ibiza. And Wilde. Think Luis well down the list imho.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SheridanTris wrote:
Connix just announced he broke his elbow and wrist. Needs surgery tomorrow. Confirmed he is unable to validate his selection. Insinuates he is out for the season

From a crash? What happened?
Quote Reply
Re: Connix Broken elbow and wrist [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
monty wrote:

He had a great chance of a medal: gold if the French could've engineered a breakaway/lead pack that stuck. And at least a silver in the MTR.
Silver lining only for Luis: not for the French team or anyone else. And will Luis be a "strong(er) bet" than Le Corre and Bergere: I don't think so and there's no current evidence he would be: the 2023 results suggest not.
As for a T100 wildcard, Bergere should be in the mix (and Blummenfelt?) for Ibiza. And Wilde. Think Luis well down the list imho.

Don't want to de rail this thread too much but how do they determine wild cards? Luis hasn't done much recently through injury mainly, put his pedigree is better than Bergere and you could argue better/same as Wilde. Also potentially the best all round triathlete of the the three on his day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And will Luis be a "strong(er) bet" than Le Corre and Bergere: I don't think so//

I was referring to the MTR. And you are right, nothing thus far to show he is ahead of those two in the open race, but he isnt far behind, and still has the best swim and bike tactics on that team. It really was through his efforts that Bergere even won the world title, and said so...Could be that role for him to play once again?
Quote Reply
Re: Connix Broken elbow and wrist [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
SheridanTris wrote:

From a crash? What happened?

Crash in the last lap of the bike at WTCS Yokohama.
Quote Reply
Re: Connix Broken elbow and wrist [jcgiraSHT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jcgiraSHT wrote:
Actually in his IG he is says that his dream is still alive and plans on being back training soon. That does not make the selection much easier....

Yes, I read this, he hasn't been written off yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Connix Broken elbow and wrist [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisb12 wrote:
jcgiraSHT wrote:

The good news is that what will be likely most impacted (the swim) is also where he's naturally the best. So may take him less time to get back to great fitness and won't lose as much feel for the water as lesser swimmers may. Still will be an uphill battle for him unfortunately. And ultimately a really tough decision for the French selection committee (I think he was their best chance at the individual medal among the men).
Quote Reply
Re: Connix Broken elbow and wrist [jcgiraSHT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jcgiraSHT wrote:

In the French Tri release he says he can’t validate his selection so he doesn’t meet the criteria.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't validate his auto selection. Can still be taken as discretionary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
<<And will Luis be a "strong(er) bet" than Le Corre and Bergere: I don't think so>>

I was referring to the MTR. And you are right, nothing thus far to show he is ahead of those two in the open race, but he isn't far behind, and still has the best swim and bike tactics on that team. It really was through his efforts that Bergere even won the world title, and said so...Could be that role for him to play once again?
I was talking about the MTR too, obviously: Luis is not a contender in the individual race (on recent form: if only it were 2020!). Both those two are better bets for the MTR than Luis. Any 'better swim and bike tactics' will have minimal effect in the MTR
Diabolo wrote:
chrisb12 wrote:
jcgiraSHT wrote:
The good news is that what will be likely most impacted (the swim) is also where he's naturally the best. So may take him less time to get back to great fitness and won't lose as much feel for the water as lesser swimmers may. Still will be an uphill battle for him unfortunately. And ultimately a really tough decision for the French selection committee (I think he was their best chance at the individual medal among the men).
The catch is that selections have to be made and passed to the NOC by 7 June. Maybe the French will be brave and go with him. I don't know how the system works for subbing an athlete in closer to 30 July if his rehab is not complete.
I can see him being able to retain or even enhance his run in the next 75 days and, depending on the break, his cycling fitness can be maintained. As you say above, his swim will remain (with a month's swimming in July) above the standard required for the individual.
And it'd be a good storyline for the domestic and international media.
Quote Reply
Re: Connix Broken elbow and wrist [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn that's really one drawback of the super stringent qualification requirements of France. Meanwhile, Yee and Wilde are slowly building into Paris.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is MTR that everyone is referring to?

https://acprestation.se/
Quote Reply
Re: Connix Broken elbow and wrist [AC Prestation] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the relay
Quote Reply