Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Options for my discontinued ASICS Nimbus 24
Quote | Reply
Looking for suggestion to replace my Nimbus 24s since the Nimbus 26 (current model) line has moved way into the MaxPlus cushioning category. Looking for a >8 mm heal drop and room for my orthotics. I hope to run a 1000 miles in a year - but never quite make it. I tried the Cumulus 25 - but seemed too hard and flat (?).

Thanks.
Last edited by: Eidman: May 15, 24 15:34
Quote Reply
Re: Options for my discontinued ASICS Nimbus 24 [Eidman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried the Novablast 4? That's what my son trains in. It has a bit more of a forefoot rocker than the Nimbus 24 but definitely not a max cushion super trainer.

A few more traditional options are Saucony Triumph, Brooks Glycerin and New Balance 880. All will work with custom/non-custom foot supports.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't tried the novablast 4, but the 3 is my current favorite shoe. Plenty of cushion, but still feels light and responsive (for a trainer at least)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eidman wrote:
Looking for suggestion to replace my Nimbus 24s since the Nimbus 26 (current model) line has moved way into the MaxPlus cushioning category. Looking for a >8 mm heal drop and room for my orthotics. I hope to run a 1000 miles in a year - but never quite make it. I tried the Cumulus 25 - but seemed too hard and flat (?).

Thanks.

They changed the Nimbus to be softer, less stack 8mm now vs the 10 and iirc 13 for women that the 24 was. The Nimbus has always been a high cushioned trainer, it's just a lot softer now.

If you liked the 24 you may want to try:
Brooks Glycerin 10mm drop, maybe the Ghost 12mm drop.
NB 880 8mm drop. I think you're going to find the More or 1080 too soft based on not liking the Nimbus 26 or Cumulus which is, as you felt, firmer.
361 kairos 2 8mm or Centuri 9mm
Saucony triumph 8mm (iirc) -fwiw I really, really like these. Maybe the Ride 8mm, maybe

That should be enough to get you started when you go into your local running store. If you start there they should be able to take what you say about the above shoes and help you find something that feels great.
If not, come to Tucson and I'll get you sorted out

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Options for my discontinued ASICS Nimbus 24 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.
Quote Reply