Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

25% DNS at Mallorca 70.3
Quote | Reply
Wonder if it has anything to do with that big doping raid at a cycling event a month ago? What do you think?
https://tri-today.com/...onman-70-3-mallorca/
Last edited by: synthetic: May 15, 24 11:05
Quote Reply
Re: 25% DNS at Mallorca 70.3 [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
20% is pretty darn average as an industry trend. So 25%, while high, isn't exactly an outlier, either.

Also note that, once IM publishes start lists, your name usually doesn't roll off of it even if you were able to take advantage of transfer/deferral options.

Long way of saying -- this is probably nothing that is trying to be turned into something.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard they were all waiting to get their new Alphafly 3 and when the delivery didn't come in time they just didn't show up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's a pity, because I wanted to register 2-3 weeks in advance and there were no slots available.
Quote Reply
Re: 25% DNS at Mallorca 70.3 [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
I heard they were all waiting to get their new Alphafly 3 and when the delivery didn't come in time they just didn't show up.

man, you beat me to it. I was just thinking of a carbon shoe smartass reply. damn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More likely I'd think it's harder to get there than many other race destinations, which makes someone who's already on the fence on whether to go or not less likely to go.

Ironman is about completion, not competition. I'd bet the vast majority of people registered have no idea they technically could be drug tested.
Quote Reply
Re: 25% DNS at Mallorca 70.3 [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
................I'd bet the vast majority of people registered have no idea they technically could be drug tested.

Quite right. I made a remark about the use of testosterone on an English You Tubers video (who espouses it's use and does Triathlons among other endurance events) and was told in no uncertain terms that Ironman does not restrict entries by people who use it, and was roundly told off for even suggesting it. They were surprised that Ironman retains the right to test for some period of time, even after the event.

Quote Reply