Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Taylor Knibb at TT Nationals [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
I think she just likes to race and if Dan Lorang gave her the green light who are we to question him (and her). I don’t think she can run with the fast girls no matter how much training she does between now and Paris anyway.

If the Paris Olympic Tri course even used a quarter of the bike course (425m over 40km equivalent), she could perhaps TT away from the entire field. As it stands, her best chance appears to be to bike in the Olympic tri hard enough to soften others up for the run. The RR bike course profile favours her being able to go minimally for a 2 hrs training day before things heat up for the final 2 hrs. Then she could decide on MTR being the primary event for that two day period or the next 2 hrs being her primary event (along the lines of what KNY said about being 99% for the MTR vs "100 percent"...maybe it is more like 96% vs 100%).

When does she need to commit to the road race? It seems like she has not removed herself from that option yet, so it has to be a possibliity she is wanting to take.
Quote Reply
Re: Taylor Knibb at TT Nationals [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

When does she need to commit to the road race? It seems like she has not removed herself from that option yet, so it has to be a possibliity she is wanting to take.

I believe she told the cycling world she was not doing it. At least that is what I heard it recently on one of the reputable cyclist podcasts.
Quote Reply
Re: Taylor Knibb at TT Nationals [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

I believe she told the cycling world she was not doing it. At least that is what I heard it recently on one of the reputable cyclist podcasts.

Doesn't she have to confirm with USA Cycling that she will not use the slot that she won in some official withdrawl? It does not sound like that is done yet?
Quote Reply
Re: Taylor Knibb at TT Nationals [Dumples] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dumples wrote:
There are a lot of posts here and I have only skimmed…so idk if this has been specifically postulated but:
The ioc document you posted indicates that a NF can use anyone who has qualified from another cycling event in the road race providing this doesn’t exceed the quota. Ergo: Faulkner or Megan Jastrab or any other track cyclist (or Batten or MTB rider or BMX for that matter) could qualify for the Olympic Games in one cycling discipline and then be entered in the Olympic road race as the second quota spot for the US if (when) Knibb decides not to race that event.

I haven’t read through most of this, but if anyone is planning on betting, put your money down on the US women not fielding a road race team in Paris. ;-)

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Taylor Knibb at TT Nationals [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa, that would be wild. Wouldn’t heads have to roll at USA Cycling if that happened?
Quote Reply
Re: Taylor Knibb at TT Nationals [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s actually the smartest decision. It’s all about the medal count and there’s really no chance for a medal in the road race, while the chances of medals elsewhere are quite good.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Taylor Knibb at TT Nationals [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
It'll be interesting to see how she fares in the Olympics TT. She definitely has a shot, but it's awfully hard to look beyond Chloe. I think a podium is a very real possibility and who knows, maybe we see her on the top step. Maybe.

Grace Brown, Marlen Reusser, and Chloe are going to be the major hurdles to overcome.
Quote Reply
Re: Taylor Knibb at TT Nationals [RJones07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is Reusser doing after worlds 2023 when she packed it in mid event in the ITT

https://www.cyclingnews.com/...e-womens-time-trial/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
How is Reusser doing after worlds 2023 when she packed it in mid event in the ITT
Clear win (by 40+ seconds) in the Europeans on 20 September (6 weeks after Glasgow).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

https://www.cyclingnews.com/...e-womens-time-trial/

She’s had a bunch of illness and a bad crash that required surgery so far this year, but when she actually races she’s on.
Last edited by: RJones07: Jun 9, 24 17:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On a note related to your thread above here his Chloe's power analysis from Glasgow:

https://velo.outsideonline.com/...e-worlds-time-trial/

Wattage was 318W on the slowest segment and 345W on hardest. And she was feeling sick in Glasgow. Google lists her at 67 kilos so 335W is right at 5W per kilo. Does Knibb even weigh 55 kilos?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also Ellen van Dijk. Good as she is, no chance of a tt medal for her IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: Taylor Knibb at TT Nationals [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was counting EVD out because of her fractured ankle, but who knows, maybe she'll be back in world class shape by then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh shoot, I had no idea she'd broken her ankle. Hope she's back by then, the Olympics were a main goal of hers
Quote Reply

Prev Next