Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone use valve extenders for non-removable core TPU tubes?
Quote | Reply
Anyone use valve extenders for non-removable core TPU tubes? I've got the TPU tubes where the valve cores cannot be removed, and I'm wondering if there's any problem of using a valve extender (the type that you have to just leave the presta valve in open position, without removing it) to inflate the tire.

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use valve extenders for non-removable core TPU tubes? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use valve extenders on latex tubes.

I am sure that there are thousands of people that use valve extenders on TPU tubes too.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use valve extenders for non-removable core TPU tubes? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
I use valve extenders on latex tubes.

I am sure that there are thousands of people that use valve extenders on TPU tubes too.

Hoping they'll chime in here! There's scant reports of people doing this when you google it.

I too use valve extenders on latex tubes, not sure if there's a problem with the TPU at the stem adhesion , etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use valve extenders for non-removable core TPU tubes? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use them and have zero issues - I use a small bit of teflon tape to keep the valve open before screwing on the extender.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are the valves on TPU tubes made out of some unusual material?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use valve extenders for non-removable core TPU tubes? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:

I think they are glued on
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use valve extenders for non-removable core TPU tubes? [Savage8778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Savage8778 wrote:
I use them and have zero issues - I use a small bit of teflon tape to keep the valve open before screwing on the extender.

^^^^^This.

There really isn't a difference with TPU tubes vs. latex or butyl for this other than the fact that some TPU tubes use plastic valve stems while most other tubes use metal. I'm just careful not to crank down too hard when screwing the extenders on so as not to crack the plastic.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use valve extenders for non-removable core TPU tubes? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for Ridenow TPU tubes, the valve stem is very flexible, so normal extension that has the valve on it did not seal well - when I tightened it, it just kept turning. So I put the valve back into the stem and used an extender that does not have a valve. You basically keep the valve open and the air pressure holds it from letting air out and the extender protects it. You can pump it up as normal, but need something long and thin to stick into the extender when you want air out.
This worked for me with no air leaks at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:

I think they are glued on

What material are they made of?
Quote Reply