Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ITU WTCS Waitlists
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know how these lists work? I thought I understood them.

Yesterday Max Stapley was 1st on the waitlist for Cagliari and there were 2 GBR athletes on the start list. Today Barclay Izzard is on the start list as a 3rd GBR athlete and Max Stapley is 2nd on the waitlist (ignoring the exceeds NF quota athlete they have to wait).

They had already opened with the extra 5 places on the start list so it isn’t that allowing Izzard into the race and they haven’t done a substitution like US and KZ/Gwen.

So how did the Italian Pozatti get on the list ahead of Stapley (I thought you could only join the wait list at the end once it was released) and how did Izzard get into the race when Stapley was and still is the 1st GBR athlete on the wait list?
Last edited by: SheridanTris: May 11, 24 8:19
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WTCS Waitlists [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that does sound strange. Are you sure GB only had 2 on start list and you hadn't just missed one reading through. Maybe there was a typo in the first list? Or the calculations of rankings for Pozatti, or an athlete he was being subbed for, were not accurate which should have had him above Stapley, which could been brought to their attention??
Otherwise I got nothing and it seems dodge..
Last edited by: chrisb12: May 11, 24 15:03
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WTCS Waitlists [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i can only see 2 brit athletes in the result list ...
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WTCS Waitlists [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisb12 wrote:
Yeah, that does sound strange. Are you sure GB only had 2 on start list and you hadn't just missed one reading through. Maybe there was a typo in the first list? Or the calculations of rankings for Pozatti, or an athlete he was being subbed for, were not accurate which should have had him above Stapley, which could been brought to their attention??
Otherwise I got nothing and it seems dodge..

Sure, Izzard wasn’t on the wait list and def. Wasn’t on the start list. No sub’s have been made as Stapley would be last on the wait list if it was a sub.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WTCS Waitlists [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
i can only see 2 brit athletes in the result list ...

Are you looking at Yokohama results? My question was about Cagliari at the end of the month.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ups sorry my bad
i have an older watinglist open from 9 th of may and pozzatti was ahead of stapley
Last edited by: pk: May 12, 24 0:55
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WTCS Waitlists [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
ups sorry my bad
i have an older watinglist open from 9 th of may and pozzatti was ahead of stapley

Pozzatti and Stapley are now on the start list and the wait list so I guess the waitlist doesn’t get updated as quickly as the race list!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As somebody pointed out Stapley is now on the start list. However, I am pretty sure that Barclay Izzard has been on the start list from when they expanded it to 60, don't think that he ever needed to be on a waitlist, because his ranking got him in with the expanse 60 start.
Not sure if he will be starting though, he has been injured. Wondering how late a federation can sub somebody in?
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WTCS Waitlists [sidelined] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sidelined wrote:
As somebody pointed out Stapley is now on the start list. However, I am pretty sure that Barclay Izzard has been on the start list from when they expanded it to 60, don't think that he ever needed to be on a waitlist, because his ranking got him in with the expanse 60 start.
Not sure if he will be starting though, he has been injured. Wondering how late a federation can sub somebody in?

I suspect that they uploaded an old waitlist instead of a new waitlist but not sure.

Izzard def wasn’t on there when they opened the list up to 60 but maybe that was an error. Very low odds that he will be racing as he is/was injured and probably going to miss the whole of the front end of the season.
Quote Reply