Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Israel [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella's boy's have run our country into the ground.

Nutella's boy can't handle more than 3-4 public appearances a week these days before flying to the beach for a recharge.

And he thinks it's appropriate that we "ask all these questions" about Israel is going to "run gaza" and that this is actually the impetus behind pausing/withholding weapons from them after supporting them for 7 months. When we all, including Nutella, know this is just about pandering to the Hamas loving "fringe" (his term) in MN and MI.

they can't even pander correctly. Usually when you give away free money for college loans or pause shipment of weapons in order to pander to several bases of your support, it actually leads to more support from those bases.
Quote Reply
Re: Israel [Tylertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A US Army combat surgeon weighs in:

https://www.npr.org/...l-hospital-interview

Dr. Adam Hamawy, a U.S. doctor and former U.S. Army combat surgeon who is currently in Gaza, says he has "never in my career witnessed the level of atrocities and targeting of my medical colleagues as I have in Gaza."

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Israel [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
windywave wrote:
if you have a shred of intellectual capacity hopefully you'll understand a major point.

The major point today, not 50 years ago, is how is Israel going to into Rafa without causing massive civilian casualties? What plans to they have in place to handle the thousands of refugees? What plans do the have to govern Gaza after all this?

These are perfectly reasonable concerns. Raising them does not mean you are "Pro-Hamas", hate Israel, or are an antisemite. Even the Defense Minister is concerned about Bibi's lack of a plan.

Gallant to Netanyahu: You must publicly reject Israeli civil or military governance of Gaza after Hamas; I won't allow it | The Times of Israel

I don't quite understand either Netanyahu nor Gallant's always saying Israel will have no civil or military role in Gaza after the war.

That seems like la-la land. There's no way Israel gives up oversight of aid flowing into the country. No way they give up the right to monitor who gets to either leave or enter Gaza. As in the aid coming through the U.S.-installed dock. That's being inspected by Israel. There's almost no way the IDF just walks away and entirely and doesn't continue to monitor for a resurgence of militants.

And doing *any* of that requires coordinating with whatever governing body is in place. A.k.a, they have a role.

Also very unlikely that Israel accepts just any post-Hamas governance. They're going to want the right to refuse governance they don't like. That is also having a role.
Quote Reply
Re: Israel [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Nutella wrote:
windywave wrote:
if you have a shred of intellectual capacity hopefully you'll understand a major point.

The major point today, not 50 years ago, is how is Israel going to into Rafa without causing massive civilian casualties? What plans to they have in place to handle the thousands of refugees? What plans do the have to govern Gaza after all this?

These are perfectly reasonable concerns. Raising them does not mean you are "Pro-Hamas", hate Israel, or are an antisemite. Even the Defense Minister is concerned about Bibi's lack of a plan.

Gallant to Netanyahu: You must publicly reject Israeli civil or military governance of Gaza after Hamas; I won't allow it | The Times of Israel

I don't quite understand either Netanyahu nor Gallant's always saying Israel will have no civil or military role in Gaza after the war.

That seems like la-la land. There's no way Israel gives up oversight of aid flowing into the country. No way they give up the right to monitor who gets to either leave or enter Gaza. As in the aid coming through the U.S.-installed dock. That's being inspected by Israel. There's almost no way the IDF just walks away and entirely and doesn't continue to monitor for a resurgence of militants.

And doing *any* of that requires coordinating with whatever governing body is in place. A.k.a, they have a role.

Also very unlikely that Israel accepts just any post-Hamas governance. They're going to want the right to refuse governance they don't like. That is also having a role.

I don't think they are saying that Israel will have no role. They are saying that for peace there has to be a governing alternative to Hamas in Gaza. They are correct.

For years Bibi, and the Israeli right, propped up Hamas because he figured that their incompetent, and corrupt, government would keep Gaza weak and prevent a two-state solution. It is clear that strategy has failed but Bibi is making no effort to change it, in fact he is making it worse by not making an effort to support a governing alternative.
Quote Reply
Re: Israel [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Biden, Blinken, Gallent, and millions of Israelis have been saying the same thing. Bibi has no plan. Now a member of his war cabinet, centrist Benny Gantz has threaten to quit.

Israel’s Wartime Government Frays as Frustration with Netanyahu Grows - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Quote:
“If you choose the path of zealots, dragging the country into the abyss, we will be forced to leave the government,” Mr. Gantz said in a televised news conference. “We will turn to the people and build a government that will earn the people’s trust.”

Bibi's response is similar to Windy's, infer that Gantz and Gallent are aiding Hamas.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The idiocracy here equate any dissent as either being a Hamas supporter or not understanding the history with their own depth and insight or both.....
Quote Reply
Re: Israel [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.bbc.com/...rticles/cv22311qx21o

Well that could be an interesting update
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cv22311qx21o

I hope he died a slow, painful, death but I doubt it will change much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to get this out there before I post the link; its not a real court, they're anti-semites, its jew hatred - just trying to help windy and chad out before they stroke out reading it

ICC Arrest Warrants for Netanyahu and Hamas
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Just to get this out there before I post the link; its not a real court, they're anti-semites, its jew hatred - just trying to help windy and chad out before they stroke out reading it

The US never ratified the treaty creating the "court" for a reason.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
windywave wrote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cv22311qx21o

I hope he died a slow, painful, death but I doubt it will change much.

I don't know about slow but death by helicopter crash in a rocky terrain is a pretty rough way to go.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:

The ICC going after Gallant is interesting. Will it push him closer to Netanyahu or further away?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:

The US never ratified the treaty creating the "court" for a reason.

Have you read the applications? Which parts do you disagree with?
Statement of ICC Prosecutor Karim A.A. Khan KC: Applications for arrest warrants in the situation in the State of Palestine | International Criminal Court (icc-cpi.int)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in israel 2 years ago for my son’s bar mitzvah. The tension there could be felt interestingly it was no Muslims to Jews or vice versa. It was the right wing extremist and culture laws they had passed or influenced and how they impacted secular citizens and businesses. We spent the most time in Jerusalem and after the first day I was ready to get out. As a reform Jewish household it became clear that reform isn’t a significant sect in Israel in terms of polical influence. Orthodox and its rabbinic leadership has held the real power. As ultra orthodox with their taliban like views of the world grow as a population cohort they will become the people in charge. Both have a certain disdain for reform because it gives their children an out that lets them still be religious Jews.

I left with a jaded view of religion I hadn’t felt since college. There will never be peace there. In fact if demographics is destiny, israel could very well be like Iran in 30 years. I see their move towards ultra orthodox extremists resulting in ally alienation and a religious welfare society dependent on less religious people to fund and fight their wars. Thst isn’t sustainable and will create a massive economic and academic drain.
Quote Reply

Prev Next