Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Zwift: price increase on the horizon? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
jaretj wrote:
I just don't use it enough to get any value from it.

If I can't ride outside I have an indoor velodrome to ride in for nearly the same money.

So freaking jealous!

he he he he he he he he!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift: price increase on the horizon? [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jollyroger88 wrote:
jaretj wrote:

If I can't ride outside I have an indoor velodrome to ride in for nearly the same money.

I have the feeling that a session on the trainer is much easier to cram in than a velodrome one

You know, it's just not the same. Since I race track now it makes more sense for me.

At this point in my life I don't need to cram bike sessions in. I work 40 hours a week, kid has been gone for 12 years and live in an apartment where I don't have to do any yard work or home improvements. I run at lunch 4-5 days a week and have been off swimming for 12 weeks from my separated shoulder.

I like Zwift, I think it's a great training tool but it's not as appealing to me as it used to be and the track is.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift: price increase on the horizon? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
jollyroger88 wrote:
jaretj wrote:

I have the feeling that a session on the trainer is much easier to cram in than a velodrome one

You know, it's just not the same. Since I race track now it makes more sense for me.

At this point in my life I don't need to cram bike sessions in. I work 40 hours a week, kid has been gone for 12 years and live in an apartment where I don't have to do any yard work or home improvements. I run at lunch 4-5 days a week and have been off swimming for 12 weeks from my separated shoulder.

I like Zwift, I think it's a great training tool but it's not as appealing to me as it used to be and the track is.

ok: no swimming means a lot more time left for commuting to/from the bike track, then :))
Last edited by: jollyroger88: May 10, 24 3:47
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift: price increase on the horizon? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For US suscribers that is about a 0.7% inrease in real terms on an annualized basis (based on CPI-U) given that the price was $15/month since 2017. I haven’t checked how that price increase compares to other companies in the same NAICS. Probably would have been a lot less of an uproar by users (at least those on FB, lol) had Zwift implemented the price increase in steps over the last seven years than all at once. For me, the new price still does not even come close to my WTP.

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care.”
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift: price increase on the horizon? [BradTTU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I must be in the minority but with the amount I use zwift, all the options for custom workouts, races, group and paced rides I’d pay double if they asked for it

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift: price increase on the horizon? [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agree. I’d actually pay more as I find Zwift to be a really good deal for me.

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care.”
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift: price increase on the horizon? [BradTTU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder how these apps would do if they charged $1 per ride. Personally during winter I do 2 rides per week, rainy weeks up to 5
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift: price increase on the horizon? [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm mixed. There are aspects of zwift that I like, but also from a usability perspective the software just doesn't work that well. Given it's now the same price as trainerroad, which worked incredibly well from the beginning, I have a harder time justifying it. Don't really believe them on the "pay more so we can make it better" front
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift: price increase on the horizon? [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If anyone is interested in trying rouvy, I keep getting this Facebook ad for free week trial

https://rouvy.com/...?utm_source=facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift: price increase on the horizon? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried Rouvy this morning, and it performed very well on Apple TV 4K with no lag that I can notice. Really enjoyed the realistic scenery, and the built-in and custom workouts were executed beautifully.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift: price increase on the horizon? [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
I'm mixed. There are aspects of zwift that I like, but also from a usability perspective the software just doesn't work that well. Given it's now the same price as trainerroad, which worked incredibly well from the beginning, I have a harder time justifying it. Don't really believe them on the "pay more so we can make it better" front

I think they said pay more so we can make it better last time this happened

Lap button guys, lap button

Joe
Quote Reply

Prev Next