Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hydratation setup : Profile design aeria or BTA setup ? [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it is just advertising the product locally on the site. I’m no bot purpose expert!

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: Hydratation setup : Profile design aeria or BTA setup ? [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt Profile Design is running a bot to spam this forum, but I did just pick up an RZ3 aero bottle, which improves upon the previous generation's aero frame bottle design, to not only comply with UCI regulations, but also offers an improved overall shape.
Last edited by: Lurker4: May 7, 24 8:43
Quote Reply
Re: Hydratation setup : Profile design aeria or BTA setup ? [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, you're probably right re: bot. New user with exactly one post, sharing what appears to be ad copy direct from marketing materials. 🤷â€â™‚ï¸

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: Hydratation setup : Profile design aeria or BTA setup ? [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless there have been some changes in the USA office that weren't shared with me, no Profile Design customer service staff have been replaced with bots.

But it's also not copied directly from marketing material as it's clearly not my writing style. Could be taken from a retail site, or an amalgamation.
Quote Reply
Re: Hydratation setup : Profile design aeria or BTA setup ? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear it. :)

Quote Reply
Re: Hydratation setup : Profile design aeria or BTA setup ? [Nodejs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nodejs wrote:

Choice are between profile design aeria hydratation system (got an aeria ultimate stem so it's pretty easy for me to fit it) or a BTA system like xlab torpedo or other.

Which one did you will to choose ? Did you know if they are any aero test about them ?

Thanks a lot

I've done lots of aero testing with a lot of front sort of systems.

It's a mixed bag. Quite often a simple cage zip tied between the bars is faster, sometimes the aeria is faster.

Unless you decide to test it you're just guessing. What i would do if not testing it choose the system that best meets your needs. If that's a bottle and cage zip tied between your arms go for it. If it's a refillable system then choose that.

If you're split between the two, flip a coin.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Hydratation setup : Profile design aeria or BTA setup ? [Nodejs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is my Profile Design with Aeria, Tri stem, 43ASC and 20C+ base bar. I get the point about gaps, but this has been quite easy to fit and get everything close. I really like the rubber fairings on the back of the Aeria. The front brake cable coming out of the stem also means it's not moving around much and stays nicely shielded.

I appreciate most folks will probably be disc brake now and that might change your needs. For the rim brake NP3, I really like this setup and was pretty inspired by Dan's article on the Profile Design 20C+ and 43ASC.

Last edited by: JerseyBigfoot: May 7, 24 20:06
Quote Reply
Re: Hydratation setup : Profile design aeria or BTA setup ? [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a nice setup, I do it to every bike I can because it makes the front end so much tidier
Quote Reply

Prev Next