Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

the shoe game changes again (female boston winner's shoes)
Quote | Reply
Custom 3d printing for shoes, no laces:

https://runningmagazine.ca/...-the-boston-marathon

Last edited by: synthetic: Apr 17, 24 14:22
Quote Reply
Re: the shoe game changes again (female boston winner's shoes) [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now we know what Kristian will be wearing in Paris.
Quote Reply
Re: the shoe game changes again (female boston winner's shoes) [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Provided they're not too hard to put on they'd make for great IM shoes...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The rules that a shoe be made available to the general public for the Olympics remind me of when Adam Hansen was making his own cycling shoes, and put them out for sale for $10,000 - not because he wanted to sell any, but because cycling equipment had to follow that same rule. So he priced it high enough that no one would buy it, or if they did, it would well be worth his time.
Last edited by: timbasile: Apr 17, 24 18:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Putting aside the absolute sham of "consumer available" that's been loopholed since the beginning of time.

Obiri won Boston because the field went slow AF and she's has the best top end speed. The supershoes are largely converging. At least to the point where individuals are finding some shoes work better for them than others. Carbon plate, bouncy pebax or equivalent, 40mm stack height.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3D printing, yes, makes so much sense!
Laceless, why?!?!?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doubt these are faster than any of the other top shoes.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: the shoe game changes again (female boston winner's shoes) [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kind of reminds me of the 1986 Nike Sock Racer that Mark Allen wore...no laces. 2 buckles that were already buckled & slip them on...go!
Quote Reply
Re: the shoe game changes again (female boston winner's shoes) [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
3D printing, yes, makes so much sense!
Laceless, why?!?!?

i was wondering the same thing. over marathon distance, why is laceless an advantage?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: the shoe game changes again (female boston winner's shoes) [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Less weight from laces? But also if a rainy race, less likely to untie
Quote Reply
Re: the shoe game changes again (female boston winner's shoes) [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd think it's because you get a more consistent closure and pressure distribution which was mapped to avoid any potential hot spots. That's the theory I'd think, be super curious how well they would have been able to actually implement that.
Quote Reply