Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Karoo incoming
Quote | Reply
Key points I've found from googling:

"Karoo 3 will just be called the "Karoo" and will cost $475 USD if purchased separately. It will also be bundled with new Red groupset by default. "

"3.2" ; 480x800 ; 2.0 ghz ; GNSS ; 4gb ram ; 15hr"

And it's still stuck on an ancient Android OS as this doesn't sound to be updated which means the once great function of side loading the Zwift companion app is DOA.

Time will tell if it's worth it but I'll admit that from initial rumors, I'm scratching my head.
Quote Reply
Re: New Karoo incoming [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bought the Karoo2 when it was super discounted ($250 iirc) because the battery on my 520 was getting pretty dicey. Otherwise, still in the Garmin ecosystem for watches. It's generally been pretty good, but the requirement for internet connectivity for search with the navigation (and no easy way to piggyback on your phone connection) definitely feels like a thing they need to fix on their next version (iirc the 840 can do totally offline address, but not POI, search). The battery life has been fine for me. Otherwise, it's been generally decent so it'd be hard to see what would be a compelling hardware upgrade (unless, to your point, they move to a newer version of Android that only works with newer hardware).
Quote Reply
Re: New Karoo incoming [andrewjshults] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When it is time to retire the K2 I'm looking to return to Garmin. I loved it when I could side loads the apps by running the android OS that's not supported anymore put a damper on things. Also little things like all power data fields read stop reporting data when at a coffee stop. It's like they've never had a coffee shop and wanted to quickly look through and check in on your TSS, KJ, etc. not a total loss but still not a choice I agree with.
Quote Reply