Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sram AXS /Shimano compatibility (yet another question)
Quote | Reply
My sincere apologies; I know this must have been covered already.

To the bike experts on the forum: Is a 12-speed SRAM Force AXS D2 compatible enough with a Shimano cassette to run on a direct drive trainer (just for training)?

Specifically:
  • SRAM Force AXS D2 front derailleur
  • SRAM Force AXS D2 rear derailleur - 36T max cog
  • SRAM Force AXS D2 crank (48/35)
  • Sram Force (flat-top) 12 speed chain
  • with a Shimano 105 CS-R7101 12 Speed Cassette (11-34T)?

Again, I know this must have been covered on the forum already, but I couldn't find it (many things were close, but not this), so my apologies.

Follow-up question: is there a "problem solver product" that is an aftermarket version of the SRAM Force XG-1270, 10-33, 12-speed -- designed to fit standard Shimano Hyperglide Freehub?
Quote Reply
Re: Sram AXS /Shimano compatibility (yet another question) [NYSLIM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
   It should work okay enough for the trainer. I don’t believe there are any 10 tooth cassettes that will fit on an HG freehub, the cog is too small for the freehub.
Quote Reply
Re: Sram AXS /Shimano compatibility (yet another question) [2lazy2tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Sram AXS /Shimano compatibility (yet another question) [NYSLIM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use exactly this setup. Saved a good chunk of money not getting the xdr driver and a cheap shimano compatible 12sp from aliexpress. No issues at all except for one gear that doesn't shift perfectly.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife has Ultegra 11s, I have a Rival 12s. We’re both running the same Shimano 105 cassette on the grainier. Me only with ERG mode of course.
Last edited by: LukaszP: Apr 7, 24 20:31
Quote Reply