Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What is a Super Sprint Duathlon Time Trial?
Quote | Reply
What is the format for the Super Sprint Duathlon Time Trial?

I have done some local super sprint duathlons and they all had wave or mass run starts. Tri bike are what most raced on at those events and riding in the draft zone wasn't allowed. Those races are typically just listed as a "super sprint duathlon" and if there is any additional clarification required they are listed as non-drafting races so people know what bike to bring to the race, where they can ride in relations to others on the course during the race, and there is usually information on the event webpage on how the start will be done what the rules are, etc.

On the results page for the Super Sprint Triathlon for the last USAT Multisport Festivals there is a box checked that says draft legal. I assume at the past races that road bikes were required for the Super Sprint Duathlon National Championship and that it was a draft legal event.

I assume that the format for the 2024 Super Sprint Duathlon is going to be different than what was done in the past. I don't know what was done at the past USAT Multisport festivals so I don't have any frame of reference. I am starting from scratch and want to know what this race is.

Does the "Time Trial" means that this is a non-drafting event with a mass run start and head-to-head racing?

Does the "Time Trial" mean that this will be a rolling start with one athlete at a time starting at something like 30 second separation from the athlete in from of them to where it is an individual time trial with no head-to-head racing?

Other?
Quote Reply
Re: What is a Super Sprint Duathlon Time Trial? [curtish26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year at Multisport Nationals, the super sprint triathlon was a rolling start with athletes starting every 10-15 seconds and it was non draft. I don't recall seeing the start of the duathlon time trial, but I would assume it is one runner every 10-15 seconds as well.

Todd Suttor

Working Triathlete Elite Development Team
Professional Triathlete
Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Non draft time trial. Just you against the clock. Athletes go off on intervals. run/bike/run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are the distances and the course map.

USATMultisport_SuperSprint_DUTimeTrial (contentstack.io)
Quote Reply
Re: What is a Super Sprint Duathlon Time Trial? [toddsuttortri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cage pedals FTW

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: What is a Super Sprint Duathlon Time Trial? [Once-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once-a-miler wrote:
Cage pedals FTW

....or Thompson Timeless/Pyro platforms if you still have them (or get them off eBay).

I'm guessing it's a TT start since with a short first run there would be very little separation going into the bike....and a drafting mess.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply