Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin 945 LTE - upgrade to 955 or 965 ?? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
B.McMaster wrote:
Serious question - what is "different" on the screen from a 955 to 965? Just fancier or is it easier to read with "old eyes"

I love my 955, but if I can see the numbers better on a 965 - probably worth upgrading from a perfect watch (for my needs)

Thanks
The 965 screen is larger, vastly higher resolution, brighter, and higher contrast. They flipped to an OLED with the 965, so the difference is almost literally "night and day."

It is way easier to read with old eyes. My quintagenarian friends with the 965 rave about it.

Does the 965 screen allow you to use a protector? I haven't made that jump yet because of the rounded screen where it meets the bezel. Really wish they didn't do that. My OCDness can't handle a scratched screen-I'd have to get a new one. Which, I can't afford. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 945 LTE - upgrade to 955 or 965 ?? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are 965 screen protectors on the market, but I am not sure of the fit.

My caveat: I have been wearing smart watches daily since the Apple Watch came out and Garmin devices for activities since the Forerunner 305. Modern glass is ridiculously hard and risk of damage is pretty small these days. I have only damaged one screen in like 10 years, and no protector would have saved it. And I think one screen had a very light, as in almost not detectable, scratch. I do not use screen protectors on modern watches, because they do not seem necessary.
Quote Reply

Prev Next