Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Am I able to upgrade this to an 11 speed freehub?
Quote | Reply
Like the title says, can’t find the answer myself, so looking to those who will know better.

Got the bike and wheels from a friend, I’d like to put 11 speed on it to match up to my current road setup and kickr.
TIA
Quote Reply
Re: Am I able to upgrade this to an 11 speed freehub? [hebert.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Am I able to upgrade this to an 11 speed freehub? [hebert.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Michael Hebert
Hebertmike.com
Supported by: EnduroPacks | TrainerRoad | Asylum Cycles
I support: Team RWB
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably not, but you could put an eleven speed 11/34 on the ten speed cassette body that you have already. I've done that with several of my friends' zipps.

I've looked into the older zipp cassette bodies, I've never found any eleven speed zipp or aftermarket cassette body and there's nothing you can mill off them either.

Edit: I've done it with the short cage derailleur but the long cage (gs) works better.
Last edited by: jaretj: Mar 11, 24 15:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends.

https://www.martinsbike.com/...88-sram-333258-1.htm

If it's a 188 v7 hub, this kit allows you to upgrade the freehub body although you'll need to re-dish the wheel. That hub is older than that though I think. As another poster said, your best bet might be the 11-34 cassette
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swapping over to a campag freehub (if you can find one) will allow you to run 11spd, using a campag cassette obviously.
I had 1 for a set of 606 which should have the same hub, but went when i got rid of the wheels.

Other option is to get someone to machine the alloy sprocket carrier on your 11spd shimano cassette down 2mm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since you will need a new rd (and right hand shifter), you can go for the long cage / 11-34 cogset route. Otherwise, if you prefer a short cage rd, you can pick a "standard" cassette (e.g. 11-28) and file 2mm of metal off the back of the largest cog. Both routes are going to work much better than the Campagnolo 11s freehub solution (and are also cheaper)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Prices have gone up (as has everything else) but I got a Lasco cassette. They mill the back off the cassette so an 11 speed cassette fits on a 10 speed cassette body. It works like a charm. I've had mine fours years now with flawless use.

https://www.lascoconcept.com/en/11s-cassette/
Quote Reply
Re: Am I able to upgrade this to an 11 speed freehub? [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Rotor Uno 11-Speed cassette does work on a 10-speed hub as well.

I love rim brake bikes!
Quote Reply
Re: Am I able to upgrade this to an 11 speed freehub? [DavidNeu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavidNeu wrote:
The Rotor Uno 11-Speed cassette does work on a 10-speed hub as well.

For that coin, just buy a new wheel. Sheesh...

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply