Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Props to Vittoria Air-Liner
Quote | Reply
After close to 1k miles on rear tire I got my first flat today using Airliner. The last plug I was carrying didn't work but was able to ride last 5 miles home without issue!

I can't recommend it highly enough.
Quote Reply
Re: Props to Vittoria Air-Liner [Riedinaustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Riedinaustin wrote:
After close to 1k miles on rear tire I got my first flat today using Airliner. The last plug I was carrying didn't work but was able to ride last 5 miles home without issue!

I can't recommend it highly enough.

I rode about 10 miles home once on Vittoria Airliners. I got them mostly for safety after one too many high-speed blowouts, but being able to ride home when repairs fail is a great bonus. It’s the main reason I switched to tubeless, from clincher + latex inner tube.
Quote Reply
Re: Props to Vittoria Air-Liner [codygo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any downside to running these?
Quote Reply
Re: Props to Vittoria Air-Liner [TonyRad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TonyRad wrote:

It is an extra cost, and can make tubeless setup a bit more painful, but otherwise weight and rolling resistance penalties are minimal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
codygo wrote:
TonyRad wrote:

It is an extra cost, and can make tubeless setup a bit more painful, but otherwise weight and rolling resistance penalties are minimal.

Ok thank you. I figured the downsides seemed pretty negligible. Might try them out on the road bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The downside as I understand it is that installing a tube as a flat repair is pretty much out. It's really hard to get the tire off, and even if you do, your options are then to carry a sealant-covered air liner or to chuck it
Quote Reply
Re: Props to Vittoria Air-Liner [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. In my 38 years of riding bikes I’ve never had a hole on the road larger than 1/8” so my plugs should be enough. I always worry about flatting at super high speeds in a group so the liner might be a good peace of mind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TonyRad wrote:

Biggest downside is I can't fit the liner and probably the most popular tire range GP5000 TR to any of my wheels without questioning my sanity. Removing bead to put in an inner tube on a road side repair would be near impossible.

Pirelli, Schwalbe, Goodyear and Vittoria tires have been very easy to install and remove with the liner. Schwalbe go on almost too easy and are difficult to seat the bead even with a compressor. I use Goodyear F1 SS for race wheels/liner which have similar specs as GP5000 S TR but less puncture protection.
Quote Reply
Re: Props to Vittoria Air-Liner [Riedinaustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All this time I promoted tannus which has airliner too and people hating against it here...
Quote Reply
Re: Props to Vittoria Air-Liner [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
All this time I promoted tannus which has airliner too and people hating against it here...

Horses for courses. I think the Tannus airless tires are ideal if not perfect for something like a commuter bike, but I wouldn’t want to race in them or do a century ride with them.
Last edited by: codygo: Mar 17, 24 12:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they also sell inserts.
Quote Reply