Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt IA vs Felt DA
Quote | Reply
I currently race on an older Felt DA frame and I have the chance to pick up an older IA frame for a good price.
Any gains that justify switching.
I race strictly short course.
Cuss and discuss........
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA vs Felt DA [Dudaddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No :-)

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably not worth it. But change out your stock aluminum base bars at some point. Many snap at the welds over time, as did mine, and just about killed me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My DA fit me like a glove and was much easier to travel with. Wish I kept it instead of going with the IA
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA vs Felt DA [Jimi Sendrix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like the consensus is stick with the DA.
Much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 2012 DA and a 2018 IA16, both are rim brake models.
The biggest difference (other than fit for me) is the storage on the IA16

It is nice to have the storage in the top tube for gels or whatever. The rear draft box it nice to keep my flat stuff in.

Because my IA is so small (48cm), I'm unable to put a rear bottle carrier on it and still be able to use the draft box. Most people are bigger than me so you'll probably not have that problem.

I'm also unable to put 2 water bottles in the front triangle, it's just not big enough.

The IA is really solid and handles well. It's more roadbike-ish than the DA, meaning the steering is more responsive. The DA wants to go straight all the time then dip in on tight turn-arounds where the IA tips in a little easier and is smoother through turns.

The DA is easier to handle in long, fast sweeping turns where the IA is almost as good.
Quote Reply