Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P5 EX11 to EX 10 - which extensions?? 51 Speedshop ?
Quote | Reply
I am just now doing the P5 switch from EX11 to EX10. I am trying to decide on extensions and pads and am looking at several options. Any comments on the 51 Speedshop Rev Aero Extension with the high sided arm cups. I'd appreciate any thoughts and insights.

Thank you,

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 EX11 to EX 10 - which extensions?? 51 Speedshop ? [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was using the standard 51S cups with their ski bend bars. Liked them. Tried the high sided and did not like them as I didn't have the option to move my arms around on long rides...you are locked in.

Tried the Aero Rev with the highest angle and didn't like my hand position. I like my wrists more upright as on ski or J bends.

Last year I went with the Tririg closed scoops with the Profile Design 43 ASC. Really liked this set up, but wished the angled tips at the shifters were a bit longer. PD just came out with the ASC 52 and that looks like exactly what I wanted in an extension. What I liked about this setup is the scoops rest on the extension giving a nice forearm angle and the pads felt very secure. I did put some washers between the pads and base bar platform as the scoops wont sit completely flat.

I got a set of Tririg Ultimate Scoops a few months ago and will see how they are when I get to some outdoor riding. Actually have an aero test with Jim Manton next week so that will be the first time I'll be riding them. The one issue is there seems to be flex in the bars as the whole piece is sitting on a small platform...I'll have to see how that translates to outdoor riding.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 EX11 to EX 10 - which extensions?? 51 Speedshop ? [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same bike and set up with EX10.

I use 51SS high side with PD 45/25. Like these extensions a lot.

Have a set of the high Rev 51SS and too high and on my elbow bone. I like flat on pad.

I’m on a 15 tilt.

I’m gonna try the Rev 70 51SS just to see, but I like the 45/25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your best bet is something like rev aero light or the ski carbon extensions.
You could also look at PD with the 43 or 52 ASC extensions or the 35A or 52A extensions

I like the tririg closed back and as a side note I've tested them on 2 people and both time they tested faster than the elnbow pads they were using. My other favorite elbow cup is the PD race arm rest kit

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 EX11 to EX 10 - which extensions?? 51 Speedshop ? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the ASC what is the best way to determine the best grip angle (prior to ordering?) I'm trying to get this done before you get here!!

David
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
measure your grip angle and then if you want more go with the 52 if you want less go with the 43

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you get the EX 10 recently? If so, where did you get it? I can't find one, so stuck with the EX 11. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 EX11 to EX 10 - which extensions?? 51 Speedshop ? [applenutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For what it is worth, I bought an entire assy off eBay for my bike and went to LBS and ordered for my GF bike, took 2 weeks.

This was when there was nothing online anywhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 EX11 to EX 10 - which extensions?? 51 Speedshop ? [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You bought the ex10 conversion kit from eBay? Nice!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 EX11 to EX 10 - which extensions?? 51 Speedshop ? [applenutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed.

Try the LBS. again, for GF bike took 2 weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My local cervelo dealer has ordered the EX 10 parts and they are supposedly on the way.

David
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Applenut,

You can buy mine if you want to? I am switching mine for a D2Z one so won't need it anymore after that.

Kind regards,
Lars
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 EX11 to EX 10 - which extensions?? 51 Speedshop ? [LarsDiepenhorst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM sent
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 EX11 to EX 10 - which extensions?? 51 Speedshop ? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the difference between the Rev Aero Light and the Rev Aero 70 mm rise?
Quote Reply