Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trek speed concept gen 3 - how to install carbon seat
Quote | Reply
I have a trek speed concept gen 2 with bontrager hilo pro carbon bike saddle, i bought a gen 3 and i tried to install the carbon seat but it was not possible because on the carbon sea the carbon bar and thicker the aluminium bar equipped on the original seat

On my gen 2 i had the carbon seat installed with the bontrager carbon seatpost of the picture enclosed, but apparently it can not be installed on gen 3 because is diameter is a little bit shorter than the original one

So in summary, how can i install the carbon seat of my gen 2 in my new gen 3

Thank you very much in advance for your support in this matter
Quote Reply
Re: Trek speed concept gen 3 - how to install carbon seat [Claudior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

You need a different size (diameter) ears shown above to match your saddle rails.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Trek speed concept gen 3 - how to install carbon seat [Claudior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To further clarify Steve’s post, you need the proper saddle ears listed under part 1 of the manual page graphic. It appears the Hilo 2 Pro has 7x10mm rails (please do confirm w/dealer or Trek) , you’ll want to get that part number from your dealer or Trek online.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hi, just use the part (1) from your gen 2, the carbon rails are oval instead of rounded.

And if you already sell your trek gen 2, just buy the Saddle ears for carbon saddle. (7x10) Oval
Quote Reply
Re: Trek speed concept gen 3 - how to install carbon seat [khouryd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
khouryd wrote:
hi, just use the part (1) from your gen 2, the carbon rails are oval instead of rounded.

And if you already sell your trek gen 2, just buy the Saddle ears for carbon saddle. (7x10) Oval

The seat clamp on gen 2 is completely different than gen 3.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Trek speed concept gen 3 - how to install carbon seat [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uppss, you are correct, this is the part you need:

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/equipment/cycling-components/bike-seatposts-accessories/bike-seatpost-parts-accessories/trek-2-bolt-seatpost-7x10mm-saddle-clamp-ears/p/47134/?colorCode=black

i just confirm that part in my Trek SC (gen 3)
Quote Reply