Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone see that new Zwift RoboPacer?
Quote | Reply
Saw it a couple of days ago. It holds exactly 13.3W/kg. It was so funny to watch it catch me and fly by. Switched to watch it for a bit just for grins. It was going about 37mph up a 1% grade. Name was something like "...ClimbIntro..."

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone see that new Zwift RoboPacer? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Saw it a couple of days ago. It holds exactly 13.3W/kg. It was so funny to watch it catch me and fly by. Switched to watch it for a bit just for grins. It was going about 37mph up a 1% grade. Name was something like "...ClimbIntro..."

Sure it was a robo-pacer? I frequently see riders in Zwift just cruising at ungodly (like MVDP couldn't do it) amounts of w/kg for endless time (always no power meter and an "other side of the world" country flag from the US).

Otherwise, Watopia is soooo populated these days the old advice of it being faster to get XP on a TT bike is no longer true. It's the Tron bike because it can catch that endless draft.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone see that new Zwift RoboPacer? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
klehner wrote:

Sure it was a robo-pacer? I frequently see riders in Zwift just cruising at ungodly (like MVDP couldn't do it) amounts of w/kg for endless time (always no power meter and an "other side of the world" country flag from the US).

Otherwise, Watopia is soooo populated these days the old advice of it being faster to get XP on a TT bike is no longer true. It's the Tron bike because it can catch that endless draft.

It was a robopacer. Same robot body, same colored symbol floating above it. Holding *exactly* 13.3W/kg every second. Funny watching it, as it's avatar was in full sprint mode (standing up, rocking bike side to side).

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone see that new Zwift RoboPacer? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
klehner wrote:

I occasionally see those super-human zwift riders (10+ W/kg for long periods), mostly from CN and JP for some reason. No idea what the goal is (possibly don't want to wait for equip unlocks? dunno).

If it was a Zwift pace partner, might be a test for out-of-the-saddle sprinting, since PPs previously never needed sprint body mechanics.

Last note: The fastest bike for XP is probably an aero road bike with a rear disc, drafting in a PP pack on the tempis fugit flats. The aero frame/disc combo is faster on non-climbs than the tron. Zwiftinsider.com has some great overall testing on the optimal equipment.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply